Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noisy neighbor, part deux

Default Noisy neighbor, part deux

I just cannot believe my luck. As some may know, I have had problems in the past with noisy apartment neighbors. Well I ended up purchasing a condo, thinking that it would be an investment as well as getting away from a bad situation.

Well as my luck would have it, now I am stuck here, with absolutely noisy neighbors in the unit below. How ironic because I thought being on top would solve so much issues, yet the people below and their kids create as much if not more noise than the apartment neighbors I used to have.

The biggest issue are the kids. These kids scream and pound and throw stuff at the walls and the floors during the afternoons and sometimes late at night. I'm trying to be a nice person and understand that kids will always be kids, and I tolerate some amounts of noise, but when I'm trying to study, it is frustrating to have to listen to all the racket. It's the pounding and stomping on the walls and floors that really frustrates me, the impact noises since our unit floors and walls are thin (I can even hear their chit chat as if they are nexst door). I already notified my homeowner association of this problem that it occurs when I'm trying to sleep, and they gave notice yet it's gotten worse. Unfortunately if I raise this issue again they'll be fined and whatnot and I don't feel like doing that to them.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think you should bring it up to the strata...if the parents can't controll their kids and they're causing nuisance all hours of the night, they SHOULD be fined IMO esp if it's gotten worse (and that money should be compensated to you for the pain and suffering ).

How old are the kids, do you know? (Have you met/seen them?)
    Last edited by moomies; April 5th, 2007 at 10:12 PM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

oh you poor thing I know how noisy kids can be and I am thankful I don't live close to anyone for mine to annoy. I would also report it or try talking to the parents at least. I with moomies how old are the kids. if they are older kids then the parents should be able to do something about it well even with toddlers they can.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

That would drive me nuts! What if you tape recorded them & then took it to them & said "Look-I'm not trying to make trouble here, but this is what I have to listen to. Can you help me?". If that doesnt help, I am sorry to say this BUT I would set out to make their life a liviing hell. Loud music at 2AM. Vaccum cleaner turned on & left running stationary, right over the living room while they are watching TV. Anything else you can think of until they get the message & call a truce. Last resort: move out, rent it but only to a family with 5 small children.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I know exactly how you feel. The people across the road from me are always making too much noise and the 13 year old son recently got a damn drum kit! Its the last thing i want to hear. There's not alot i can do about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    oh you poor thing I know how noisy kids can be and I am thankful I don't live close to anyone for mine to annoy. I would also report it or try talking to the parents at least. I with moomies how old are the kids. if they are older kids then the parents should be able to do something about it well even with toddlers they can.
    I am always saying to my kids "The neighbors must hate living next to us!" They are in and quiet by 7PM, but when they're playing outside, they are so loud. Most of my neighbors do have kids though. The closest single woman has a dog that barks all day long, so it's a fair trade off.

I wouldn't tolerate the noise after 7PM. My neighbor's teenager thought he could talk on his cell phone outside late at night. During the summer, when the windows are open, that's really annoying. We complained and he stopped. Have you tried talking to them directly?

Well the kids I estimate are about maybe five or six years old. The thing that sucks about this situation is that a lot of the noise occurs right after I get home from work, the afternoons until I sleep. So it doesn't occur often past 11 PM or so, though sometimes it does. The impact noises are what gets to me. The crying, etc., doesn't bother me as much as them throwing stuff at the walls, banging and stomping on the floors and walls, it's so loud it shakes the rooms and distracts me from my studies.

lesson learned: dont buy condos because theyre cheaply built and you can hear everything.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    lesson learned: dont buy condos because theyre cheaply built and you can hear everything.

Word. Obviously houses are way too expensive for my budget, but thought a condo would be good. I never envisioned living in a unit that's of weaker construction than an apartment building. In my old apartment I never heard anything from below. If I knew I was going to be this miserable I would never have done it, but a friend persuaded me to do so. I can only hope that the value of the condo goes up, so I can sell it and rid myself of this nuisance.

I see the shoddy way they are built and I can't believe what people pay for them, especially here in Vancouver. Of course, houses aren't much better given the ridiculous real estate mania on the coast. I'm a weakling and I could put my fist through most of the walls. They start falling apart in less than 10 years, and leak/mold long before that.

Bronze Member

heres the brief version of my horror story...ok, not really a horror...i unfortunately live in army housing (nice in comparison but still) thinnest walls possible and i share one w/one of my neighbors who love nothing more than to crank celiene dion sp? at 7am on a saturday to begin their weekend cleaning. they also love nothing more than to have sex at monkey screeching levels promptly at 1030pm mon, wed, fri...i swear i know when the she - neighbor is ovulating. i wanted to tape a note the their front door that said - your wife is faking her orgasms...but i resisted. i could put her on mute on do her voice for her during her breeding sessions...and the kid they already have....omg, thats just a big dose of birth control everytime i hear that kid scream. i dislike them so much, if you cant tell...i'm sure if i knew them..i could upgrade to hate. whew. i feel better...i sympathize totally with anyone who has annoying neighbors!
    bastards!

we had a neighbor with two annoying pomeranians that barked ALL DAY while they were at work. we asked them nicely to have the dogs stop, and they didnt do anything. so one day, i recorded them and called my neighbor and put it on their answering machine. never had another problem.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii girl View Post
    i wanted to tape a note the their front door that said - your wife is faking her orgasms...but i resisted.
    OMG I would SO do that
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Wow, makes me glad I don't have noisy neighbors any longer. I only have twenty some odd Mexicans (probably illegals) renting the house from me but they seem really sweet. Last year when I was planting my flower beds they brought me a flat of flower seedlings and they've been nothing but nice and respectful. Only once did we have issues with them, the night they got drunk and had a good old fashioned knife fight on their front lawn. We had to call the cops and the Mr acted as an interpreter between them and the cops.

Good luck because I know that has to be most frustration. Just don't morph into this guy --> Feel My Pain

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

i've got some really noisy neighbors and i swear they have to be trying to get evicted. someone called the cops on them the night b4 last, they were ok yesterday but then last night they had their stereo up sooo high. i finally called our apt people and bitched last night cuz our res manager doesn't like to be bothered after 7 at night. no idea where it will go from here...
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information