Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What temperature is your thermostat/AC set at?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default What temperature is your thermostat/AC set at?

I set it at 20 C but it's still damn cold! Raised it to 22 now. But during the day 20 feels ok, gets cold at night and early morning.

How about you?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I try to keep the temperature at 70 degrees, but I live with my elderly father, so he is always cold. Sometimes, he'll adjust it to 80 degrees! I am always sneaking behind him re-adjusting the thermostat, because I don't want us to have a huge electric bill.

I live in an area where it's all oil heating. My thermostat is set at about 18C and stays there all winter. Luckily, CB has fairly mild winters!

65-68F. We have a programmable thermostat, so it's colder at night and during the day when no one's home.

Whatever the dorm sets, sometimes it feels almost 80, it's WARM in here. We usually open up the windows to let cold air in b/c that's the only control we're given.

SVZ

I set it to max for 10 minutes until the temperature gets comfortable, then I put on extra sweaters and turn it off...dunno if that saves energy or not though

Silver Member

I set it at 62 in the evening and when no one is home. 68 when we are in.

Around 67 or so. If it gets really cold I'll flip on the gas fire place, which really helps. Try not to have it set high, or low in the summer. I'm just a cheap bastard.

I tend to keep it around 68, but my husband is always turning it up. We turn it down at night. The thermostat we have in this house isn't very accurate anyway.

Our downstairs neighbours keep their electric heaters running ALL the time, even when they're not home, which is so dangerous. They just won't stop doing it tho. The house is well-insulated, but as the female half of the equation told me: I like to walk around in my underwear. Uh, in winter I usually wear a sweater and slippers and pants, etc. They also don't recycle or make any effort whatsoever to conserve energy -- they wash everything in hot water and use the dryer for hours on end.
    I wash in cold, and I hang a lot of stuff to dry but I'm beginning to wonder why I bother. The bill is split 55/45 with us paying the most, even though they have his teenage kids down there all the time. Getting a hot shower around here can be tough. The wife alone showers at least three times a day she told me, and it's not like we live in a hot climate or she's a manual labourer. I can't stand wasteful people.

Yet another reason we want to move this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Around 67 or so. If it gets really cold I'll flip on the gas fire place, which really helps. Try not to have it set high, or low in the summer. I'm just a cheap bastard.
    We keep it at 66, but I too just flipped on the gas fireplace. Even though I'm sitting in a room with two computers running, it still feels terribly cold in my office!
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

65F here, or lower. Gas heat prices are outrageous, we supplement with a small heater in the bathroom or bedroom, for about 10 minutes, when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    the female half of the equation told me: I like to walk around in my underwear.

The wife alone showers at least three times a day

Whaaaa???

And y'all have to pay most of the bill?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Whaaaa???

And y'all have to pay most of the bill?

Sucks, doesn't it? The landlord won't budge, even though they have one more bathroom than we do, and more bodies. He says the upper suite always pays more, even if there are fewer people living there. And he never fixes anything around here AT ALL, but he is obsessed with using his leaf blower in the fall. I called and left a message about all the damaged trees on the property after the snowstorms and he never even called back. The next-door neighbours are mad at him, too, because he's ignoring the ones that are falling/broken on their property.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

That is so unfair PB

And can somebody convert farenheit to celcius? I'm metric

During the day I don't usually even turn on the heater unless like a few weeks ago it was snowing and chilly. The room temp stays around 18-19 and I'm ok with that.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Now that I'm home alone most of the time, I'm going to program my thermostat to cut down during the day and at night. Keeping the lights turned off has helped cut my electric bill. When the kids are here they can't seem to turn a light out after themselves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information