Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Inside a Calvin Klein Cofounder’s $100 Million Equestrian Estate

Default Inside a Calvin Klein Cofounder’s $100 Million Equestrian Estate

Home of the Week: Inside a Calvin Klein Cofounder’s $100 Million Equestrian Estate

You'll need to be financially stable to pony up for this sprawling spread an hour outside Manhattan.

It’s not $99 million. Not even $99.9 million.

No, Calvin Klein co-founder and accomplished racehorse breeder Barry K. Schwartz, is looking for a nice, round $100 million for his vast equestrian estate in Westchester County, NY.
    Covering more than 740 acres, Stonewall Farm is a horse-lover’s paradise. It comes with three huge barns with stalls for 88 steeds, a turf racetrack, miles of riding trails, training rings, fenced paddocks and all just an hour from the Belmont track.
    https://robbreport.com/shelter/homes...state-2905824/

Stonewall Farm is the largest privately owned property in Westchester County, NY.

Priced at $100 million, the 740-acre thoroughbred estate is also the most expensive in this tony New York county just north of NYC.

The property—which belongs to Calvin Klein's business partner, Barry K. Schwartz—not only has a massive main house measuring 24,000 square feet, but also premium accommodations for 84 horses. Oh, and there's also 4,000-square-foot pavilion-style poolhouse. And those are only a fraction of the estate's winning features.

Schwartz borrowed $10,000 to start a clothing company with his childhood friend Klein back in 1968, and has gone on to become a titan in both the fashion and racehorse business.

Schwartz and his wife, Sheryl, purchased 673 acres in the small hamlet of Granite Springs for $3.25 million in 1979. They added an adjacent parcel of land a short time later.

The couple dedicated the property to raising and breeding thoroughbred horses, and they have spent the last 40 years on equine pursuits.

The proof of their success can be seen in the results of their efforts: The farm has produced winners of 40 stakes races, and several of their horses have run in the Kentucky Derby and the Breeders' Cup. The farm is only about an hour from the prestigious Belmont Park racetrack.

High-end equestrian facilities include a 40-stall yearling barn, two 24-stall brood-mare barns, round pens, paddocks, pastures, riding trails, and an impressive turf racetrack.

he accommodations for humans are just as high-end.

The main manor is tastefully appointed and was designed in 2004 by the New York-based architect Rebecca Rasmussen. It has eight bedrooms and eight bathrooms, and all the rooms are finished in a neutral palette that evokes an elegant but warm atmosphere. Throughout the residence, you'll notice a range of high-end finishes and eclectic details.

These include a Qi dynasty Buddha, a mantelpiece imported from England, chandeliers designed by Ruhlmann, Royère and Hermès, and saddle-leather tiles that pay homage to the equestrian lifestyle.

The lavish spaces in the residence include a grand two-story library, a sunroom with an arched glass ceiling and French doors that open to a bluestone terrace, a vast gourmet kitchen with a large center island, and a breakfast bar and butler's pantry.

There's also a 2,200-bottle wine cellar and tasting room, as well as an equestrian-themed game room and pub.

The impressive grounds feature formal French gardens with lavender and boxwood hedges, Japanese gardens with a koi pond, a butterfly house, ponds shaded by weeping willows, verdant parklands, and natural woodlands.

Just beyond the formal gardens is the massive poolhouse, which has a repurposed slate roof that came from the Yale Divinity School. Inside, there's a 60-foot-long swimming pool and spa, a stone fireplace, gym, sauna, changing rooms, and kitchen.

Although it may seem a world away, Stonewall Farm is only about an hour's drive from New York City. For a buyer in need of a signature space to spread out, this equine paradise might be just the ticket.

8 bed, 8 bath, 24,000 sqft

Brookie likes this.

I like the outside/the grounds, some of the rooms. All that black is bit much for me
    DawnM74 likes this.

I like it very much. Need more pictures of the horses though.
    czb likes this.
    -

czb

the flooring is beautiful.
    faithanne likes this.

Yeah I love the floors. I like it all except that wood (I assume it's faux wood) bathtub. It looks very classical, those fireplaces look beautiful with all that marble. Love the one with marble going all the way up.

The tub looks like a burial vault to me.

Beeyotch, Brookie and mostroop like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    the flooring is beautiful.
    was about to say, the floors are to die for and the only thing i truly love about this place, and the library with the stairs and second floor gallery. i hate pretty much all the furniture except for some of the antique tables and chairs.
    also, you're worth that much and you can't even get built-in custom cabinets that go all the way to the ceiling? and this is probably just me because i see it in just about every house but i really fucking hate that faux moulding at the top of kitchen cabinets. just unnecessary and ugly. they should either keep the tops clean or, even better, run the cabinets all the way to the ceiling if possible.
    faithanne and lindsaywhit like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love the bathroom. And the pool. And the floors. And the horses.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

The floors are the only part I would keep. First thing I would do is rip up those fucking hedges.
    sputnik and DawnM74 like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

czb

i also love the pond.

I would also keep the horsie, but not to race, just to trot around the meadows looking majestic.
    palta and Brookie like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I love everything about this house.
    Daphodil likes this.

I like it, but it seems cluttered. I realized it's all staged, but not one empty area? But 3 tiny square boxes lined up on a shelf seems unnecessary.
    DawnM74 and lindsaywhit like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Well, it's gorgeous, and I truly feel the green monster nipping at my brain, but I'd still have to change a few things immediately - it's so "busy" - it feels cluttered, and that's ridiculous for a house this size. Also, the coffin bath needs to go - immediately. Maybe it could be donated to Neverland? Or it could be stored away and used for creating a spooky Halloween vignette?
    Brookie likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information