Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Bed Bugs!!!

Default Bed Bugs!!!

Sigh...how do you get rid of the little beasts? I have an appointment with two exterminators for estimates, but everyone is telling me that it ain't cheap.

They've been driving me crazy...they either came from my mother's house from when she or my brother came to visit, or my neighbor. I've used sprays, foggers, oils. They'll go away for a couple of days, but last night - the agony!!! I may give my bedroom a deep cleaning this weekend and try one last resort with this stuff called Diatomaceous Earth. If that fails, then I'll reschedule the exterminator appointments. I mean, I just spent a grand on getting rid of squirrels.

Thoughts?
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

The mattress and the carpet in your bedroom have to be thrown out. Sorry, but I'm hearing this is a big problem in Colorado and everything I read says you just have to bite the bullet and throw everything away, even with professional extermination. Wash all of your clothes in hot water even though it may damage some of them.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

OMG! burn it all! you have to use a lot of heat. i saw something that said you can put things in a black garbage back and then let it roast in the sun - not sure if that works or not.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Damn...
    "If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." - Katharine Hepburn

I read that if has to be 155 degrees to kill them. I have heard of people buying a professional steamer, and then you have to steam every nook and crany. And do it like every 2-3 days.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

It seems to have become an epidemic.

This thread is making me itch.
    BITTER, fgg, twitchy2.0 and 6 others like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I practically saturated my mattress with that Hot Shot crap. It lasted for three days. Last night they woke me up - tearing up my feet and shoulders! Ewwww!

Philadelphia, like most major US cities, is experiencing a surfeit of the little beasts...
    Last edited by BITTER; June 29th, 2017 at 01:34 PM.

I had this problem a few years ago when my daughter stayed at a hotel and brought them home.

I used Diatomaceous Earth (not the pool grade) I got it off Amazon. I sprinkled it on my mattress then sealed my mattress in the plastic zip up. I then got 4 plastic containers, filled each with the DE and put each bed foot (my bed had the wheels) in it so they couldn't spread elsewhere.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

OMG, Bitter, I'm so sorry.

A*O

The chemicals might kill the bugs but won't kill the eggs. Time for a new mattress. Sorry.
    greysfang likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I've got two different exterminator companies, Terminix and a local company coming over Saturday for free estimates...maybe I'll sleep on the couch tonight. I picked up some organic stuff at Target after visiting Mom...I've saturated my bed with it...temporary of course, but I've got to make it to Saturday.

A*O

Let's see, what's the exterminator going to recommend:
    A) pay him to fumigate the mattress, fail, and then several futile return visits (at extra cost natch) plus bonus noxious fumes while you sleep.
    B) don't pay him a cent and spend your $$$ at the local Bed Barn.
    lindsaywhit and witchcurlgirl like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Gah! I have to get out of this thread. I'm itching reading it.
    BITTER likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information