Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sluce

Thread: Live the California Wine Country Dream at Flax Vineyard for $18.5 Million

Default Live the California Wine Country Dream at Flax Vineyard for $18.5 Million

Live the California Wine Country Dream at Flax Vineyard

Vineyards go on the market all the time—but they don’t always include a contemporary house and award-winning grapes.

That’s the story at Flax Vineyard, a 52-acre dream property in the heart of Russian River Valley in Healdsburg, CA, a chic wine country town. This vineyard-and-residence package in Sonoma County recently went on the market for $18.5 million, listed by Mary Anne Veldkamp of Coldwell Banker. Charlene Schnall of Healdsburg Sotheby’s International Realty is the co-listing agent.

“Healdsburg is a very sought-after location right now,” says Veldkamp. “This is a country property—but close in. It’s also a family compound, which is unusual.”

The sellers snapped up the property in 2012 and renovated the main residence into a 6,800-square-foot modern manse. There’s also a historic farmhouse and caretaker’s cottage on-site; the three properties combined total 11 bedrooms and 10.5 bathrooms.

“It doesn’t even resemble the [orginal] house at all,” says Veldkamp about the main residence’s renovation, with its three bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms. “They brought in a more contemporary style to the house.” Now, there’s also a glass-walled wine cellar, a master-bedroom wing, two guest suites, alfresco dining space with terrazzo and teak flooring, and an exercise room.

And the kitchen is prepped for entertaining or cooking with Sonoma County’s abundance of local fruits and vegetables. Check out the granite slab countertop, twin Miele dishwashers, the six-burner Wolf range (including hood and warming drawer), and a Sub-Zero refrigerator. Also on the property are a pool, a koi pond, tennis and petanque courts, a garden, a fruit orchard, and a barn. A six-bedroom, five-bathroom restored farmhouse dates to 1930 and offers more than enough room to stow visiting relatives or to rent out to travelers. There’s also a two-bedroom, one-bathroom caretaker’s cottage on the property.

Beach frontage on the Russian River—which this property has—is unusual for a winery. The next owner can just hop in a canoe or kayak without major portaging.

Another perk? “The very high-end wine that’s coming off of the property,” says Veldkamp. “Russian River pinot noir is highly sought after.” All 21 acres of grapes are under contract with Merry Edwards Winery and Williams Selyem Winery, two wineries that have earned high scores from wine critics. Additional acres are being planted.

Yet another reason this property bubbles above other listings is that it’s a vineyard. “Vineyards (come on the market) not as frequently as wineries. This is a residential property with an estate vineyard,” says Veldkamp.

6677 Westside Rd Healdsburg, CA 95448
    11 beds 10 full , 1 half baths 52.0 acres lot
    $18,500,000

What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Fucking stunning.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

God, who needs all that space for just sofas and chairs. I do like the outside quite a bit, and the land is gorgeous.

czb

the house is not my aesthetic, but great property.

i hate the new mansion but the restored farmhouse is nice.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

That place is gorgeous - what a view! I even like the modern house, which isn't usually my style. I would probably just live in that hot tub and hire people to bring me wine.

I love it. I'd kill the funky gray sofa though.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Love the views and the barn. Hate the house.
    sputnik likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I love all the glass around the kitchen but most of it is cold and doesn't touch me.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

I don't know what it would take to warm the place up - it's angular and space-efficient, but you'd have to spend a fortune on furniture and art to make it more inviting.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I love it all and was thinking I'd need a horse for sure. I think I see some stables out back. The only thing that would make it all perfect would be an ocean right there. And I agree about the grey couch, it's needs to die.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Stunning views - I wouldn't mind sitting out in that hot tub next to that fire pit thing each night.

I don't drink wine but - seems like a vineyard home with such a stellar wine cellar should be....full? I know it's staging but it really sticks out to me!
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I love it.

Thread Information