Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Oprah Winfrey's new Colorado mansion (the views are gorgeous!)

Elite Member

Default Oprah Winfrey's new Colorado mansion (the views are gorgeous!)

Oprah's home has a tower and a 'wine mine'. Yes, really.

11 January 2016

Have you ever experienced moments where you have felt pleased – dare I even say it – proud, of your own little home?

Maybe the moment you purchased not just one, but TWO bedside tables rather than putting your stuff on the ground next to your bed? Or, when you actually decided to spend money on those fragrance-diffusing things so your bathroom smelt like (artificial) lavender?

Well, savor those moments because Oprah Winfrey just bought a $14 million house mansion and unfortunately, your two bedside tables just aren’t going to cut it there.

Real estate company, Zillow, recently published all the details of Oprah’s glorious abode and we can tell you, it truly takes the Most Luxurious Celebrity Mansion Prize.

(Zillow) Welcome to her humble abode.

Located on the “slope side of a mountain village” in Telluride, Colorado, Oprah’s estate (only 8,700 square-feet) has five bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms (yes, that’s 1.5 more bathrooms than bedrooms), a turret-style tower, and professes 360 degree panoramic views of Colorado’s San Sophia Mountain Range.

We’ll just give you a few seconds to take that in.

In addition to her Disney-like tower, Oprah has her own mud room, an aerial fire pit, a hot tub that fits up to seven people and a “faux mining car”, which she can jump in and ride down to her nearby ski trail. Handy, right?

If her days spent lounging in her mud room, skiing the slopes of Colorado or relaxing in her Oprah tower, still aren’t enough, The Queen of TV can explore her 56-foot-long “wine mine”.

It holds 1,600 bottles of wine. Let me repeat: one-thousand-six-hundred bottles of wine.

You may be wondering: how could Oprah even get to her 56-foot-long wine mine? Never fear – she has an “antique” cart that will get her there.

(Zillow) THE WINE MINE PEOPLE. THE WINE MINE.

If she decides to take a trip down to her wine mine, Oprah will travel through a “chilled, humidified room” (with sounds effects and flickering lights) to imitate a real mine shaft. Well, riding in a cart down to your wine mine really would be no fun without sound effects.

The previous owner of the home, a “tech executive”, built-in a bunch of smart features including climate control, a weather station, and even the ability to water indoor plants if you’re not at home.

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

(Zillow)

Well, Oprah, the only way you could make us feel any better was if you yelled:
    “Now: YOU GET AN OPRAH-MANSION. AND YOU GET AN OPRAH-MANSION”.

I desperately want those windows and that view.

Why? She already has an estate in telluride. Or is this just a rehash of very old news?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I want to know how it works to use the mining car to get to the ski trail. This place looks fun as hell.
    Last edited by ManxMouse; January 13th, 2016 at 02:55 PM.
    czb likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

love it..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Oh wow what a life! I'm jealous!
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Good thing there is a chaise lounge in the gym for her.
    effie2, kasippu and HWBL like this.

I could live there, minus the yellow, for starters.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

love the wine mine, but the big selling point are all the windows and the view. I'd love a bath tub overlooking that view of the rockies and all those evergreens. the hot tub is literally in a glass house surrounded by view.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

A*O

Very nicely done. So many of these mountain "cabins" have too much heavy timber, moose heads, ugly stone fireplaces, Cherokee rugs/wall hangings etc. This place has a much lighter touch.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Elite Member

You had me at "wine mine". Actually, you had me at "Telluride". That's one of the prettiest places on Earth and I'd be ok living in a run down mobile home there.

I would buy it for that bathroom

The only negative I have to say is with 8700 square feet, why would you cram five beds into one room?

But I'd take it in a heartbeat. Those views! And that catwalk!!! I mean absolutely stunning and the windows capture the atmosphere so well. I also agree with A*O sometimes the cabin décor can be too much (even for me who loves it) but here you're getting so many natural elements and colors without it looking too backwoods camp like. It's beautiful, I'd love to see it in person along with the actual property.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Imma wait for her to put this on Air BnB, then snap it up for a night of GR debauchery. Everybody in?!
    o0Amber0o and Brookie like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by o0Amber0o View Post
    The only negative I have to say is with 8700 square feet, why would you cram five beds into one room?.
    I loved that so much that I printed the pic. This would be perfect for my beach house. All my nieces could share one room and all have beds. They would love it.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information