Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Witchywoman
  • 2 Post By Nevan
  • 1 Post By Lalasnake
  • 1 Post By Str8_uncut-jock
  • 1 Post By czb

Thread: Whoopi Goldberg Sells her Berkeley California Home plus Barn

Default Whoopi Goldberg Sells her Berkeley California Home plus Barn

Whoopi Goldberg sells Berkeley house-plus-barn for nearly twice the asking price

The first surprise here is that this house plus barn is in Berkeley, California.The second is that it's Whoopi Goldberg's (or at least it was until very recently).
    And the third is that she just listed the place at $1,275,000 — and it sold in about a week, the Los Angeles Times reports, at nearly double the asking price: $2,025,000. Click here or on a photo for a slideshow.
    Goldberg moved to Berkeley in the late 1970s and bought this property in 1985 for $335,000, property records indicate. On a local blog, neighbors said in the comments that she lived there off and on in the back barn/cottage, but that it was her brother, Clyde, who cared for their mother there until her death in 2010. Clyde Johnson, with whom Goldberg had been close, died unexpectedly in May of a brain aneurysm, and she listed the property the next month.
    The main house is a 1,500-square-foot Victorian built in 1890, with 3 bedrooms and 1 baths. Behind it is the barn. Neighborhood tales have it that the barn was built in 1900 and sheltered horse-drawn ambulances, according to the listing, and then later was fortified for use as a community center. It has been configured as a separate 1,600-square-foot cottage with its own kitchen and bath as well as a loft bedroom with vaulted ceilings. The buildings, as well as five garages, sit on a lot that's about a third of an acre in the heart of Berkeley.

Barn

ikmccall likes this.

I think the whole place is lovely and so not what I would expect Whoopie to own.
    ikmccall and sparkles like this.

czb

pretty typical for the berkeley flats, though. and a third of an acre is pretty huge for that area.

The barn is beautiful! Though there's a sitting area right outside the clear glass doors that gives a perfect view of the tub? so any guests could watch the person bath?

Love all of it...would not change a thing.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Great bones! The kitchens are ugly as fuck, but I don't mind. I'll happily move in a redecorate.
    sputnik likes this.

This is a beautiful home with great bones...it needs some updating, but the overall layout and structure is stunning. I love the barn out back, even with the sliding glass door next to the tub.
    Trixie likes this.

Where does the ladder in the bathroom go or is it just for show? Don't think I've seen a tub that narrow before but I like it. Love the long windows.

I like kitchen sinks with windows above them.

Sweet landscape.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

I think the ladder is for hanging/displaying towels.

ah, good call.
    "I would have gladly held my nose and did the right thing all damn day long to keep Trump out of the fucking White House and it wouldn't have butt hurt me at all."...gas_chick

I freaking LOVE this! Would take it in a heartbeat.
    The only thing I'd do is rip out all that grass and put in a pool. And decontaminate any Whoopiness.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I like about 85% of it. There's a few things here and there that I think are fug - like the kitchens, for example - but overall, it's pretty nice.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

The kitchens and baths need updating and some of the wood paneling in the barn looks dated (70's plywood) and cheap. But that's fixable and otherwise I love it.

That library shot is beautiful.

What a fun house - but it comes across as very "upper middle class-ish" and not what I would expect from someone like Whoopie Goldberg. Maybe it's just staged that way to appeal to the masses? Or at least the masses with a two million dollars to spend on a house.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

czb

if you are looking for a house in the berkeley flats, then yeah, you are possibly part of the masses. and around here, 2mill for a house doesn't get you luxury. a bit high for that part of berkeley, but like i said, it is on 1/3 of an acre which is a pretty large lot.

obviously this was a 'hot' house and the realtors were slick. they set a relatively low price to bring in the masses, knowing it would go into overbid. well-played.
    sluce likes this.

Thread Information