Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: The most Craptastic house in the history of houses, now on sale for $862,000

Default The most Craptastic house in the history of houses, now on sale for $862,000

(post put together from several articles so may seem disjointed)

Midwestern castle built by Indianapolis pimp-turned-construction magnate drops asking price to $862,000 from $2.2million

The recent price-slashing of the famous "pimp house," or "dolphin mansion" on Indianapolis' Northeastside has generated some interest among potential buyers.
    Tiff Atkinson has had the listing of the home at 4923 Kessler Boulevard E. Drive [Indianapolis IN] since March 31.

The house is five garden-variety ranch houses cobbled together by former pimp Jerry "Mr. Big" Hostetler. He created a giant campus-o-fun, with balconies, spiral staircases, wet bars, a grotto with a hot tub, a ballroom, a swimming pool, dolphin statuary and on and on.

"One cannot even begin to describe" the place, said Atkinson, who then tried to describe it: "Lots of architectural design, very private, two or three parking garages."

But it is no hot property. In February, 2012 seller Chad Folkening, an Indiana-born, Florida-based tech entrepreneur, put the house for sale at $2.2 million. In December 2013, the price came down to $1,295,000. Last week, it was lowered further, to $862,000.

Starting from a three-bedroom ranch house, where he lived in the '60s, for a short time with a wife and infant daughter, Hostetler gradually bought up his neighbors' houses and combined them.

By the time his creditors closed in on the place, Hostetler was up to some 23,000 square feet.

After the foreclosure he landed in a small ranch house on East 80th Street, which he immediately began expanding, adding his signature balconies, an eight-car garage, and so on.

Hostetler converted its original garage to a party room set off by a very large, very round window, giving it the feel of an aquarium.

In the backyard he built a new garage, one capable of holding eight cars (Hostetler at one point drove an Excalibur; he told people he bought it off Neil Diamond, and knowing Hostetler, he may have).

He built a second story above the huge garage and ordered the addition painted gray, but one day the work just stopped. "Whether they were out of paint, or out of pay, I don't know," said Kirklin.

He built another equally large, two-story structure adjacent to the garage and tacked it on to the ranch house. Its standout features are its enormous, carved, wooden doors that look like they came from an ancient Buddhist temple, and knowing Hostetler, they may have.

And then there were all those balconies, none of them with railings. "Apparently, Jerry didn't like railings," said Kirklin. "It was pretty clear from the start Jerry had his own ideas about architecture."

original owner, Jerry Hostetler

More craptasticism:

2 'serious buyers' looking at notorious Kessler mansion
    At his death 'Mr. Big' left northside home in shambles
    Gaudy Midwestern castle built of five ranch homes cobbled together by Indianapolis pimp-turned-construction magnate now priced to move at justĀ*$862,000 | Daily Mail Online
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

That is some shitty taste right there. I can only imagine how much his contractors made off him.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Whaaaat? Fuck. Why?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Breathtaking isn't it? I've truly never seen anything like it. Home Shopping Network met the Flintstones and this is the result.

And what's the deal with all those plush raccoons??? Somebody needs to explain this.
    stella blue and Bellatheball like this.

They should just burn that abomination to the ground.

Hit By Ban Bus!

That's the fugliest house I have ever effing seen.

It's so tacky and hideous and weird and I love it.
    Flygirl likes this.

They should open it up as a tourist attraction, I would love to walk through it just to take in all the expensive tackiness. I'm sure the photos don't do it justice.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Guy must have been a heavy acid user. Fried Brain 101.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^ I was thinking cocaine.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

It looks like a typical house built by a man wearing a pinkie ring.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

^^^
    hahahahaha so true. And it's amazing.
    We should buy it or just rent it for a week to hold our GR reunion. Which would still be Aintree themed of course, minus the horses.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Its fascinating in its tackiness. Its as if his crazy is laid out in stone for everyone to see.
    azoria and Lalasnake like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Looks like a really fun place to visit, they could turn it into an amusement park.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Elite Member

Lower the selling price to $100 bucks and throw in the plush racoons .. and i am soo buying it!.. hahaha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information