Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By nwgirl
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 5 Post By nwgirl

Thread: Thinking of Buying an RV. What should I watch out for?

Default Thinking of Buying an RV. What should I watch out for?

I'm looking at buying a 25' to 27' travel trailer - not 5th wheel. I want to redo the inside and can do pretty much everything cosmetic as well as basic electrical and plumbing, but don't want to get stuck with a POS on the overall vehicle. I've been researching and have found some pretty good info on what to look for when buying a used one, but wanted to see if anyone has any advice or things you learned the hard way? I know to watch out for soft spots on the floors, water damage, leaks, smells and what they could mean, how to check around the windows and doors, to get on the roof and look around the vents, and the wheels. That's it though. Advice anyone?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I just realized no one ever replied. My experience with an RV was as a child when my parents bought a used 25 ft motorhome. We had some great family trips that thing. My only advice is to look closely at ways to safely store as much as possible, and for ways to give things multiple uses. It sounds like you've got a good understanding of all the foundational issues, so have fun!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thanks for the reply Sluce! I ended up buying a 26 footer. Am in the process of redoing it. It's a fun project. Took it out last weekend and it was a blast. I was slightly worried that I wouldn't like the whole experience but I figured what was the worst that could happen? I'm thinking I'm gonna love it though. I'll post some before and after pictures when I'm all done. Just making simple changes has totally changed the look of the interior. It looks like a little house on wheels.

I must totally be a freak because I read the title as "banging an RV', but doesn't everything lead to banging on GR anyway?
    nwgirl likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

You have to post pictures when you finally set off on your RV trips! Have you every visited that website I think it go rving . com?

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    You have to post pictures when you finally set off on your RV trips! Have you every visited that website I think it go rving . com?
    I don't think I have. I'll check it out though. I love the idea of just being able to jump in the car and go and have been looking at some longer trips than just weekend getaways. Here's where I went last weekend (Pacific City, Oregon):

sputnik, olivia, Brah and 2 others like this.

Thread Information