Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By azoria
  • 3 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 3 Post By Brookie
  • 1 Post By palta
  • 1 Post By sputnik

Thread: The Creator Of Minecraft Outbid Beyonce And Jay Z For This $70 Million LA Mansion

Default The Creator Of Minecraft Outbid Beyonce And Jay Z For This $70 Million LA Mansion

Swedish video game programmer Markus Persson, best known as the creator of Minecraft, is the proud new owner of an incredible home in Beverly Hills.

According to Curbed LA, Persson purchased the 23,000-square-foot mansion for a jaw-dropping $70 million. That price may seem steep, but it's a full $15 million less than the original $85 million asking price.
    Beyonce and Jay Z had previously been interested in buying the home, and the couple had reportedly visited the property six times.
    Persson's $70 million purchase was a record for Beverly Hills.
    "Marcus fell in love with the house, its sleek contemporary design and its spectacular panoramic views that sweep from downtown LA to the Pacific Ocean," Katia De Los Reyes, who represented Persson, told Curbed. "The fact that the house also was completely furnished in such great style was another major selling point for him."
    The over-the-top house was listed by Ben Bacal Realty as well as Branden Williams and Rayni Romito Williams of Williams & Williams.
    With a 16-car garage, home gym, and giant infinity pool, this home must be seen to be believed.

Welcome to 1181 North Hillcrest. The home was listed in September for $85 million.

It's located in the elite Beverly Hills neighborhood of Trousdale Estates.

The home received a complete overhaul after being purchased back in 2012. The new design is stunning.

But let's go inside and see what the mansion has to offer.

The living room has a skylight and looks out over the horizon.

An open office is off to the side, with a motorcycle on display.

The dining room can easily fit eight guests. The home was designed for entertaining.

The open kitchen has 10 bar stools and a nearly 180-degree view of downtown LA.

The living area opens up onto the home's infinity pool.

It comes with lounge beds in the pool for guests to tan and relax on.

The view is simply stunning.

Outdoor lounge chairs are nearby for guests who want to stay dry.

The master bedroom has ample space and a huge floor-to-ceiling window.

The master bathroom has a stand-alone bathtub and a glass shower.

The master bedroom's closets are bigger than most New York apartments, designed to be both his ...

... and hers.

The mansion has seven other guest bedrooms.

And 14 other bathrooms.

This huge guest bedroom even has an open-air lounge next door.

With couches and a ping-pong table, this would be a wonderful area to relax.

For those who want to tan on the balcony, the upper floor has even more chairs.

Downstairs is an indoor movie theater with deluxe seating.

The mansion even has its own wine cellar.

The basement is the ultimate man cave.

It's a haven for game lovers, with a pool table and foosball.

There's also a fully stocked bar with ample bar stools.

And for those who want to showcase their cars, there's a space for that, too.

And to top it all off, you can stay in shape with this deluxe gym.

The home was sold fully furnished, so Persson will get to enjoy it as it looks now.

Minecraft Creator Buys $70 Million Home - Business Insider
    Wicked Goddess likes this.

Oh snap.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Microsoft bought Persson's company for $2.5 billion - just to give an indication of how much money this guy has to play with.

Yeah he probably paid cash for the place.

But I really don't like it all that much. "The dining room can easily fit eight guests", ooooh eight guests, helluva party right there. 70 million bucks and you can only seat 8 people for dinner?

And I hate all the cars and motorcycles in the house, that's upscale trailer park living if you ask me.

I give the place a 'meh'.

I like the view, the outdoor spaces and that's about it.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Microsoft bought Persson's company for $2.5 billion - just to give an indication of how much money this guy has to play with.
    Mo, it still puzzles me why M/S did this.. as Minecraft's popularity is isn't as great as it once was and is declining .. It feels as though M/S just wanted to buy it so Google doesn't swallow everything up with it's massive wallet and greed.

Also with YouTube copyright protection, Microsoft would make a killing off of all the Minecraft videos and channels that are on Youtube, if they wanted to.

.. sorry rambling again ..

Hmm.. i wonder if Markus would notice the absence of the AWESOME grenade statue?, .. i freaking LOVE IT!

Hmm .. not fussed about this pad.. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by *Wookie-Chick* View Post
    Mo, it still puzzles me why M/S did this.. as Minecraft's popularity is isn't as great as it once was and is declining .. It feels as though M/S just wanted to buy it so Google doesn't swallow everything up with it's massive wallet and greed.

Also with YouTube copyright protection, Microsoft would make a killing off of all the Minecraft videos and channels that are on Youtube, if they wanted to.
    That was what I was wondering when the purchase was made. It's hard to tell if the popularity of Minecraft is declining (I also don't know what other games Mohjang created or has in the pipeline). They just released a couple new updates for the game on Xbox a couple of days ago and my son was downloading and playing them yesterday. On top of that, Minecraft is a merchandising machine - their logos and figurines are on t-shirts, jackets, toys, coffee cups, and on and on. It's like having the licensing to Peanuts - Charles M. Shultz died 14 years ago, but Peanuts merchandising is still all over the place.

^My bf told me the guy has become tired of Cubecraft (that's what I called it) and wants to move on with his life.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    ^My bf told me the guy has become tired of Cubecraft (that's what I called it) and wants to move on with his life.
    He had Tweeted that he was tired of working his butt off and then getting criticized for his work, so it was probably the right time for him to cash out.

I get the "cube craft" thing, too. The graphics (to me) looked like something from an Atari 2600. I played it with my son once and was literally asleep sitting up after about 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    I like the view, the outdoor spaces and that's about it.
    He needs a good interior designer, the place looks so kitsch but the view is super

This house intimidates me.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I like it. Must be nice to be rich.

$85 mil? Seems a bit steep for that place.

for the billionaire bachelor with a tiny penis and a massive chip on his shoulder...
    sluce likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Maybe he should use some of his billions to buy himself a new dick...... oh, he has right?

Welcome to 1181 North Hillcrest. The home was listed in September for $85 million.

I love the look of this house & I don't normally like modern

But lets be straight about this, that isn't a bike, its probably THE bike....
    An open office is off to the side, with a motorcycle on display.

Does $70m give him the furnishings too?
    ""The fact that the house also was completely furnished in such great style was another major selling point for him.""
    Free Charmed.

Thread Information