Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By mtlebay
  • 1 Post By sputnik

Thread: A Dutch Prince's Apartment for Sale in Amsterdam

Default A Dutch Prince's Apartment for Sale in Amsterdam

Prince Jaime de Bourbon-Parma, cousin to King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, is selling his Amsterdam condo so he can assume his duties as Ambassador to the Vatican (Holy See). Supposed to be anywhere from EU550K-650K. He and his wife Princess Viktoria will be taking their little girl, Princess Zita with them. It's really small, but I could totally live there.

Last edited by BITTER; October 5th, 2014 at 10:20 AM.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I've seen university dorms with more pizzazz, let alone for a Prince.
    Go Habs Go!!

not impressed. it's also really dark so those green walls were a bad idea. needs more white.

also, i couldn't help but snicker at this:
    assume his duties as Ambassador to the Vatican (Holy See).
    that is bar none the most cushy diplomatic job in the world. countries usually reserve it for their old and crusty but prestigious ambassadors, as a sweet little gig before they retire (or die). all you do is go to pompous church services and other vatican events. unless you're gay, then there's a whole lot of covert fucking and gossip going on.
    A*O likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

that is bar none the most cushy diplomatic job in the world. countries usually reserve it for their old and crusty but prestigious ambassadors, as a sweet little gig before they retire (or die). all you do is go to pompous church services and other vatican events. unless you're gay, then there's a whole lot of covert fucking and gossip going on.
    But he is only 40 - I wonder why he wants the job.
    Last edited by BITTER; October 5th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

No, and the kitchen is depressing.

No thanks.

I didn't realize that Amsterdam was that cramped - or that expensive. But I guess he'd have to have a prestigious address. But it does seem small for someone with a wife, child and a nanny. It's my understanding they have a live-in nanny.

As far as the decor goes, you would definitely have to put some nice furniture and paintings and stuff to make it look less...Soviet.

Not a small apartment to me!! Very nondescript, though.
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I didn't realize that Amsterdam was that cramped - or that expensive. But I guess he'd have to have a prestigious address. But it does seem small for someone with a wife, child and a nanny. It's my understanding they have a live-in nanny.

As far as the decor goes, you would definitely have to put some nice furniture and paintings and stuff to make it look less...Soviet.
    Been in Amstrdam and all houses all this small, he's lucky he has the whole building, imagine if you had just 1 floor for yourself. It's a tight town.

Quote Originally Posted by lucianodel View Post
    Been in Amstrdam and all houses all this small, he's lucky he has the whole building, imagine if you had just 1 floor for yourself. It's a tight town.
    Really?
    Well, he's a tiny guy, so maybe it was roomy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by lucianodel View Post
    Well, that's certainly not true. Like everywhere else, there are small and big houses everywhere in The Netherlands, Amsterdam included. It's just that, especially the homes on the canals, are crazy expensive, well into the millions, the more square footage they are. Your Search Results for Residential, Commercial Properties and Yachts - Engel & Völkers Click on all the photos of the apartments/houses for sale and see how cramped they are!
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    unless you're gay, then there's a whole lot of covert fucking and gossip going on.
    Oh no...I must be getting slow. I heard that the Vatican was quite...um, active.

Thread Information