Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers's opulent New York apartment

Default Joan Rivers's opulent New York apartment

Marble statues, chandeliers, walls lined with gold - and stacks of jokes: Inside Joan Rivers's opulent New York apartment 'where Marie Antoinette would have lived if she had the money'

• Joan Rivers's Upper East Side condo, worth $35million, has floor-ceiling windows and gold-plated walls

Dripping with chandeliers and lined with gold, this - of course - was Joan Rivers' home.
    A dazzling gem of old-school showbusiness, it seems only right that her living room ceilings scaled 30ft-high, and velvet drapes framed the vast windows.
    The 5,000-square-foot penthouse is held up by gold pillars.

Rivers had tried to sell the property a number of times. She first listed it on the market in 2009, when she planned to move to the West Coast to be closer to her daughter, Melissa Rivers.
    The latest attempt was in 2012 went it was listed with an asking price of $29.5 million.
    Now, it may be worth considerably more, with similar-sized apartments in the area on the market for $35 million.

+18

In demand: In 2009, Libyan dictator Colonel Gaddafi allegedly asked to rent the penthouse of the limestone mansion with a cast-iron front door (right)

Burn it. I feel for Melissa having to go through all of that and get rid of/keep stuff. I couldn't live with all that shit in there and I'm sure the furnishings are worth a fortune.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Not my taste but I did expect something very Las Vegas from her.
    Why did she put curtains in the bath? Wouldn't they be moldy? Dirty?

I think Joan Rivers would have them changed every so often!! Maybe quite often. I don't why I believe I've seen the inside of her apartment before.

Going through your lived one things can be an ordeal and quite heartbreaking. Not saying this will happen to Melissa but during this process is where hoarders are born!!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I like it. It reminds me of the interior of a grand hotel at the turn of the century, or one of those rococo German transatlantic ocean liners.
    *DIVA! and Brookie like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Going through your lived one things can be an ordeal and quite heartbreaking. Not saying this will happen to Melissa but during this process is where hoarders are born!!!
    So true, been there done that with my mom's place. I did not become a hoarder though! (not with her stuff anyway lol) I just took a few sentimental pieces and let the rest go to an estate sale company. The place sold quickly so I really had no choice, which was probably a good thing. Sometimes I wish I had kept more but at the time I just had to let it go.

Unless Melissa wants to keep the place, I would probably get in touch with an auction house as I agree there are likely many valuable things there. Going through that apartment would be soooo overwhelming. Not only because of grieving but just the sheer volume of stuff. Wow.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

What a huge waste of money, so sad she needed so much to be happy, what a shame. It does look like a very old lady lived there. Decorated by Scarlett, Gone With The Wind.
    Brookie likes this.
    I blew the tranny in my car.........thanks MsDark.

czb

yeah, it probably cost a lot of money to maintain her lifestyle, but joan worked hard to earn it. she was hugely in debt when edgar killed himself so she basically earned all this herself? did she *need* all this to make herself happy? i doubt it. but i believe she really enjoyed living large.

*So many* old lady florals and chintzy lace and shit. Ugh. But yeah I agree, good for her she earned it and she loved it.

I can't imagine tiny little Joan padding around this huge place alone. Do we think that bathroom sink is real gold?

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Where did she live, Buckingham Palace? It looks untouched and un-lived in. It's cold but beautiful in a cathedral sort of way.

Her Connecticut home was more sedate from what I remember in her movie.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It's not a look I like at all, but there are many UES homes that look like this. A certain group go big for the Sister Parish style: Jackie O, Brooke Astor, Annette De La Renta, etc......
    czb likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Melissa should call Mariah. She'll take this off her hands.
    Beeyotch and chartreuse like this.

Too much gold and I HATE the drapes in the bathroom.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information