Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By HWBL
  • 2 Post By KrisNine

Thread: A Fashion Designer's Home in San Francisco

Default A Fashion Designer's Home in San Francisco

A FASHION DESIGNERíS HOME IN SAN FRANCISCO

This is the beautiful San Francisco home of fashion designer Courtney Klein, owner of Storq (which focuses on maternity fashion). The house, which was built in the late 1890s, is located in Mission District. Although the house is about 125 years old, it is very sturdy as it has survived two of the largest earthquakes in modern time without any structural damage. The decor is an interesting combination of vintage items, modern pieces, DIY designs (such as the the entry wall made out of wooden pallet) and things brought back from abroad. This unique mix gives the house a lot of character.

Well, the old dog is cute.
    Can't say much about the rest, since the white blinded me.
    esme and Brookie like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I know. My beloved, a clawfoot tub, and I can't even make it out for all the white.

The pallet thing is also stupid, it looks bad.

However, these are all easily changeable so fuck yes I'll take a house in the Mission!

I'd take the house, but this is how I decorated when I had my first studio apartment and ate ramen noodles.
    ikmccall and Kathie_Moffett like this.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I know. My beloved, a clawfoot tub, and I can't even make it out for all the white.

The pallet thing is also stupid, it looks bad.

However, these are all easily changeable so fuck yes I'll take a house in the Mission!
    hmmm. why do you want to live in the mission? i like to eat there, climb at mission cliffs, go drinking, etc, but to live? not so safe ....

i LOVE this. that painted grey floor is gorgeous and i want their dining table and that awesome glass and wood cabinet.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i LOVE this. that painted grey floor is gorgeous and i want their dining table and that awesome glass and wood cabinet.
    I love her nightstand too. A bit too sparse for my taste but those lovely Victorian bones make anything work. Nice garden area, which is quite a plus in SF.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    hmmm. why do you want to live in the mission? i like to eat there, climb at mission cliffs, go drinking, etc, but to live? not so safe ....
    She has a good high fence there, lol. Plus, the Mission is in SF so if anyone wants to hand me pretty much ANY SF Victorian I will take it, and if I have to point my shotgun at a few thugs to convince them my house isn't worth the effort, well, so be it. I'm pretty good at the puffing up my fur and acting scary thing.

I might draw the line accepting gift homes around Turk and Eddy, though.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    It's not so bad if you pick the right area. Few years back I lived on the edge of the mission and the castro, and besides the homeless and handful of druggies it really wasn't as bad as 16/18th & Mission and the southern parts of the Mission. But we could walk there if we wanted. It was great. I'm thinking about the great houses around Dolores Park, and nearly everything on Dolores is pretty. Amazing how much difference a block or two can make in those parts.

I like the Mission bc it's relatively warm and sunny, and it has a funky vibe. I thin Dolores Park is seen as a bit separate anyhow.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    I love her nightstand too. A bit too sparse for my taste but those lovely Victorian bones make anything work. Nice garden area, which is quite a plus in SF.

She has a good high fence there, lol. Plus, the Mission is in SF so if anyone wants to hand me pretty much ANY SF Victorian I will take it, and if I have to point my shotgun at a few thugs to convince them my house isn't worth the effort, well, so be it. I'm pretty good at the puffing up my fur and acting scary thing.

I might draw the line accepting gift homes around Turk and Eddy, though.
    i think of turk and eddy as more tenderloin. i get nervous just driving through there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    It's not so bad if you pick the right area. Few years back I lived on the edge of the mission and the castro, and besides the homeless and handful of druggies it really wasn't as bad as 16/18th & Mission and the southern parts of the Mission. But we could walk there if we wanted. It was great. I'm thinking about the great houses around Dolores Park, and nearly everything on Dolores is pretty. Amazing how much difference a block or two can make in those parts.
    the castro is great, i would live there. dolores park and potrero hill are nice, too. but i'm thiinking valencia @16+ - not safe.

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    i love it!

This is lovely! I'd probably repaint the white away because I hate white/magnolia walls, but all the natural wood stuff is lovely. That display cabinet glass thingie is really nice, although in my house it'd be an embarrassing guddle of crap that i'd want to hide away since I'm so disorganised haha
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Thread Information