Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: TV Floorplans

Default TV Floorplans

10 of Our Favorite TV Shows Home & Apartment Floor Plans

Spanish artist and interior designer Iñaki Aliste Lizarralde draws these famous house and apartment floor plans as a hobby, giving the TV viewer a new perspective on the homes in which our cherished characters reside.

More:

House of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore - Floorplans

Beach House of Charlie Harper from TAAHM

Frasier's Apartment Floorplan

Ted Mosby apartment from 'HIMYM'

Carrie Bradshaw apartment from Sex and the City
    idunno, Witchywoman and KrisNine like this.

Elite Member

I love the sketches, but the Will&Grace one is wrong. I clearly remember an episode about tearing down the wall between the two bathrooms. And I can't believe the three golden girls shared one bathroom.

Lol, awesome. I want to see one for The West Wing and The Office...not houses, but still. I always get disoriented watching those shows.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I love the sketches, but the Will&Grace one is wrong. I clearly remember an episode about tearing down the wall between the two bathrooms. And I can't believe the three golden girls shared one bathroom.
    I think I see two and a half baths in the Golden Girls one.

Gilmore Girls is from after Lorelai renovated, right? I always thought their place was shockingly small inside for looking so huge from the outside. I think she added that big master suite sometime later.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

The Golden Girls one is surprising. I thought all the bedrooms were down the hallway and the only thing on the left side of the house was the entrance to the lanai, but this has a bedroom over on that side. I think it's supposed to be Rose's, but her bedroom is not set up that way. It does make sense size-wise, though, because it never made sense that they could have all those huge bedrooms off that side of the house and it no encroach on the kitchen or lanai.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post
    Yeah, but one is en-suite to what I assumed is Sophia's bedroom. The half-bath is really more of a guest toilet. That leaves one bath for Dorothy, Rose and Blanche.
    I went to wiki, and found out, that Blanche actually owns the house, so maybe she gets the bedroom with bath en suite...
    Damnit! Now I have to go see, if I can scour up some old episodes of GG.

I went to wiki, and found out, that Blanche actually owns the house, so maybe she gets the bedroom with bath en suite...
    That would make sense, but in the show Blanche always flounces off down to the bedroom at the end of the hall. I guess whoever drew this hasn't seen every single episode 50 times.
    BoogsBun and sprynkles like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I just thought of that too! Will was being a controlling beeyotch and didn't want to re-do the bathrooms to give Grace more space.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; December 30th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^It's mentioned in the episode where Rose thinks she might have AIDS that Blanche has her own bathroom . And depending which season sometimes Blanche's bedroom was towards the lani and sometimes it's down the hallway

I think I have just confirmed that I have seen every episode way way too many times

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    That would make sense, but in the show Blanche always flounces off down to the bedroom at the end of the hall. I guess whoever drew this hasn't seen every single episode 50 times.
    Lol, no. I've just skimmed a few episodes, and the floorplan is fairly accurate. Blanche's room is to the north with private bath, and the other three to the east, although the number and placement of door doesn't match. And I did I see Blanche say goodnight once and go down the east hall way. So the series isn't consistent either.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Tati View Post

Gilmore Girls is from after Lorelai renovated, right? I always thought their place was shockingly small inside for looking so huge from the outside. I think she added that big master suite sometime later.
    I agree! And I never saw any indication of either a 3rd bedroom or a second bathroom [shown here off to the side of the hall closet between the kitchen and living room] before or after the reno. I do love that the yellow checkerboard tile floor in the kitchen depicted in this floor plan is accurate LOL.

I think the bedroom near the lanai in the GG floorplan belonged to Sophia and could be considered a MIL suite since it has it's own patio and entrance. You can see Blanche's master bedroom on the main bedroom side of the house has access to the main bathroom. I seem to recall an en suite depicted in Sophia's room when she married the little old dude she knew from NYC. Can't remember his name.
    Last edited by Sasha; January 9th, 2014 at 10:30 PM.

The Office @ Dunder Mifflin

Very cool. I love this sort of thing.

On the backlot, The Bewitched house was down the street from The Partridges who lived next to Jeannie and Tony Nelson. Whenever Major Nelson pulled out of the driveway and turned right, he'd drive right by that beautiful witch's house.

Bronze Member

Yes...
    Probably you can find a lot of mistakes like this.
    Grace doesn't have an ensuite bathroom in her bethroom.
    She uses the common bathroom behind the fireplace.
    That scene happens in the episode 1x03.
    Grace is in the bathroom and knocks the wall to warn Will that is in his particular bathroom.
    But that wall is the wall to the hallway !!!
    See this episode and think a little bit about the situation of the door to the apartment, the door to this common bathrom and the space between the fireplace and the hallway.
    It's simply mathematic:
    - The common bathroom's entry it's place behind the fireplace.
    - Will's bedtoom's entrance it's parallel to the entrance of the common bathroom.
    - The entry door to Will's bathroom it's behind his bed, in front of the door to the bedroom.
    So both bathrooms are placed in parallel, not one behind the other.
    And in 4X07 you can see and absurdily large new version of the common bathroom (the one behind the fireplace) made different and bigger because the forth actors they have to go inside him...
    The bathroom of Will in that episode is absurdily big and I adapted the distribution to fit in this floorplan.
    Curiously that bathroom switches his position through the series.
    In some episodes the entry to that bathroom is the door of the left (as in the 8x15 when Will enters in the bathroom through this door to offer a glass o water to Grace, dressed as a bride) but in other episode Will opens that door and is full of clothes cause is the closet and in 2X24 the bathroom is placed in the door of the right.
    Crazy...
    Remembre, this is not a real house.
    I try to draw as real house fitting all the elements that appears in the series.
    But I'm not the designer or the sets or the writer of the scripts.
    I only draw what I see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information