Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By palta
  • 1 Post By sputnik

Thread: Private Apartment in Barcelona

Default Private Apartment in Barcelona

Rotunda Library Apartment Design

The renovation of a private apartment in Barcelona, Spain by Victor Gnozalez Marti of TC-Interiors required demolishing all of the interior walls to allow as much natural light as possible to flood the space. This included stripping the exterior walls back to their original 1938 historic structural fabric and then layering in the modern conveniences over top. The 1938 structure is a meaningful one as it was in that year that the building was bombarded during the Spanish civil war. By removing all the overlaid plaster that had been added in since then, history was uncovered and reconstructed. This process exposed the original brick walls and they where kept as a design feature by placing all the electric installations overtop. This rebirth of an era gone by that was juxtaposed into a modern lifestyle was part of the client brief that also required a united and open plan with natural daylight.
    The library is located in the centre of the floor plan and is one of the few areas that is wrapped in white. The walls of white shelving wrap the area in a geometric envelope of books and steps. I love the way the stairs are staggered around the perimeter with open shelving beneath, making this space an awesome place to explore for both adult and child. As an additional fun detail, the wall of books is broken up by an jagged top frame. This multi-angled framework adds in a sense of movement to an otherwise rigid arrangement of shelving.

olivia likes this.

love the dining room, bathroom and bedroom.
    and while i like the weird neon lighting for a commercial space, i don't think it works in a home.
    not a fan of the living room furniture.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

So, haphazardly cut, placed and designed furniture and light fixtures make for interesting living? It doesn't appeal to me.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Hopefully the beauty of this place doesn't come across in photos. What a dreary gray light the neon brings. It looks like the set for a sequel to "7". Those wood floors in the shower won't last long.

I detest beds on floors. Off kilter angles that are supposed to "blow our minds" or "make the viewer question their reality" piss me off, too. What a mess of wires, lights and ducts that hide what I think are nice ceilings.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

you can use treated wood for bathroom floors. or tropical woods which are naturally water resistant.
    olivia likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A*O

WAY too dark and the "clever" lights don't help at all. I also hate student mattress on the floor beds too.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information