Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mel1973

Thread: Beam House in Israel

Default Beam House in Israel

Beam House by Uricohen in Arbel, Israel

This home has been designed for a client who wished to build his home next to his farm. The design combines some of the utilitarian images of the agriculture buildings in that area with the fascination to the ‘beams’ construction of a ‘country home’. The house is divided in three parallel strips: private, semi private and public. By doing so, the possibility exists to have the one (living) part with the (northern) light open to the yard and the view. The private (southern) part is closed by concrete walls. Between the public and semi public spaces stands a thick wall which contains the utilities such as the air conditioning system, storage spaces, toilets, etc. The beams of the roof rests on that ‘central concrete wall’ and candeliver to the living area. This keeps the northern glass façade free of columns. The area between the private and public area of the house becomes kind of a shaded ‘outside space’ which is also the entrance axis for the house.

Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!

fellow traveller

cool house. fugly, cheap furniture. especially the ugly dining chairs, red ikea sofa and those tatty black cushions on the rounded part.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

whatevs, I want to get nekkid in that shower and suds up and slide down the curve of the wall! NEATO!
    sputnik likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    twitchy molests my signature!

Burning Down Your Windmill

This is cool.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

this is a nightmare.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Thread Information