Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By palta

Thread: Prime Nature Residence in Thailand

Default Prime Nature Residence in Thailand

Prime Nature Residence by Department of Architecture

Department of Architecture created this modern residence in 2011 for a client and his family located in Samutprakarn, Thailand. A grid-like fence provides partial privacy to the home while adhering to local building restrictions. The plot is situated at a busy 3-street intersection in an up-scale residential estate that forbids the use of any kinds of fences. This constraint poses serious questions on privacy of the residents living on ground level as well as the problem of trespassing car headlights at night. In order to cope with the site limitations, a conventional linear fence is broken into series of smaller vertical planes. These planes are projected onto a grid at varying distances from the house thus blocking out intruding views and simultaneously permitting ventilation into the outdoor area. The planes continue horizontally above the entire terrace creating a well-defined semi-outdoor living space.
    The planes are made from two materials: metal lattice screens and sheer canvas panels which both allow partial vision from looking through them. Lattice panels and swaying trees cast delicate and moving shadow patterns on terrace floor, building elevations and canvas planes. A large shallow pond further adds intricacy of reflective shadow to the scene.

Brookie and olivia like this.

fellow traveller

i love the design of the house. hate the black kitchen and the small hanging lights right in front of it. hate the black dining chairs too.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Jon Hamm's pants

I hate the black kitchen as well but love the rest. The outdoor area is just beautiful!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Being Paula

Not sure about the mozzie magnet pools.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

At the salon

I love this. Very pretty, modern and cool.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Thread Information