Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By BoogsBun

Thread: Beach Walk House on Fire Island, New York

Default Beach Walk House on Fire Island, New York

Dynamic Beach House Integrating Volumes in Its Structure by SPG Architects

Meet the amazing and dynamic Beach Walk House located on Fire Island, New York, a project designed by SPG Architects. As you can see, the house’s structure consists of three volumes, each establishing a boundary between the interior areas. The team responsible with the project managed “to create a dynamic composition of three intersecting rectilinear forms, which is rotated on the site off the prevailing grid. This decision maximized both views and privacy.”

Love this. And I love fire island. At least the quieter parts, not the party beaches. But i spent a couple of days on saltaire this summer and it's just gorgeous and chill.
    Brookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This is beautiful. I know lots of homes in this section get blasted for being too white, but this one works...the additoin of color in the accessories are just the right balance with the white. Plus, this location is beautiful. My only issue involves the two bedrooms...with the two beds essentially connecting but with a wall between them. If you get freaky on that bed, and you will, your neighbor in the room next door will certainly hear and feel it.

I love this; I'd take out the pink, green and blue oddball plastic table thingies, but the rest of it is my color palette.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

I covet the seating on the patio. Sadly the couch is bigger than my own patio.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    My only issue involves the two bedrooms...with the two beds essentially connecting but with a wall between them. If you get freaky on that bed, and you will, your neighbor in the room next door will certainly hear and feel it.
    yeah i noticed that too. but all you have to do is flip one bed to the other side of the room.
    i like the beds themselves too, the drawers and broad platform are a nice touch though i predict a*o will come in here and say it's ridiculous because you'd bang your shins on it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah i noticed that too. but all you have to do is flip one bed to the other side of the room.
    i like the beds themselves too, the drawers and broad platform are a nice touch though i predict a*o will come in here and say it's ridiculous because you'd bang your shins on it.
    I have an aversion to platform beds as well. I had one when I was a teenager. I misjudged where I was going to flop down on my bed, and I landed on the platform instead of my mattress, and cracked my damn tailbone.

I like this quite a bit. The outside reminds me of a medical office building, but with a few big rugs and maybe a few walls painted in different colors, this is a great place!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    My only issue involves the two bedrooms...with the two beds essentially connecting but with a wall between them. If you get freaky on that bed, and you will, your neighbor in the room next door will certainly hear and feel it.
    I think in some place like Iowa, that would be a problem. On Fire Island, though, this would be called a "bonus".

Thread Information