Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By palta
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl

Thread: Bamboo House

Default Bamboo House

Bamboo House: BB Home by H&P Architects

Completed in September of 2013, BB Home was designed by H&P Architects, and it is located in Cau Dien Town, Tu Liem District, Ha Noi, Vietnam. From the bamboo module of 8-10cm (3-4in) & 4-5cm (1.5-2in) diameter and 3.3m (11in) or 6.6 (22in) length, each house is simply assembled with bolting, binding, hanging, placing… This pulled monolithic architecture is strong enough to suffer from phenomena like 1.5m- (5ft-) high flood. Currently, H&P Architects is experimenting the model to suffer 3m-high flood. The space is multifucntional such as House, Educational, Medical and Community Center and can be spreaded if necessary. From the fixed frame using 8-10cm (3-4in) bamboo, the house cover can be finished according to its local climate and regional materials (4-5cm (1.5-2in) small bamboo, bamboo wattle, fiberboard, coconut leaf…) in order to create vernacular architecture. The users can build the house by themselves in 25 days. Besides, it can be mass produced with modules and the total cost of the house is only $2500. Therefore, the house can warm people in the most severe conditions and help them control activities in the future, also remarkably contribute to ecological development as well as economic stabilization. This will give conditions for self-control process and create connection between vernacular culture and architecture.

olivia likes this.

the big bad wolf is gonna huff & puff & blow your house down.... NO!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    twitchy molests my signature!

that looks like the place where they held them captive and played russian roulette in the Deer Hunter.
    olivia likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thread Information