Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: London Home Boasts Ingeniously Suspended Living Room Bed

Default London Home Boasts Ingeniously Suspended Living Room Bed

Welcoming London Home Boasts Ingeniously Suspended Living Room Bed

This unusual looking home in London instantly captured our attention and you probably guessed why. Found on JJ Locations, the striking design project comes with a suspended bed right in the middle of the living space. This may not be the most practical idea we’ve seen so far, but it sure ranks high in terms of originality. The place boasts more creative additions, such as a side staircase-wall covered in blackboard fabric and a ceiling window that literally sheds light on the suspended bedroom.

I"d be nervous sleeping up there.

I'd be nervous sleeping up there, or sitting underneath. Or having vigorous sex on it. And a bathtub in the kitchen? No thanks. I would hate having a toilet right next to the kitchen too.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

I like the tub/shower, just not in the kitchen. And yeah, I can't count the number of times I've fallen off the bed having sex.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

hates it!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Horrid! I'll just be taking a shower here while you make dinner. Really?
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

Nope, my kitchen and bathroom need to be 2 seperate rooms. Bed needs to be on the floor, again a seperate room.

lol it's not the most practical but i love it. i would make the sides of the bed go up higher to prevent falling off though. other than that it's pretty awesome.

re: the tub and bathroom in the kitchen - that used to be the norm in old european apartments. this looks like a pretty old house and i guess they kept the old layout. i don't mind the tub in there. the toilet i wish were further away but i've been in apartments that had this and it's not too bad, you get used to it. and there's a little window in the bathroom, that's key.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Where do you put your alarm clock? Your glasses? Your lamp? Your going to walk down those slipper stairs with no railing in the dark, in the middle of the night to go pee?
    MmeVertigina likes this.

^^
    on the stairs?

i lived in an apartment in vienna for a year where i had a mezzanine bed. i had super high ceilings so to make the most of all the space, my roommate/landlord had built a mezzanine on one end of the room, with a sort of walk-in closet/vanity room underneath, and a ladder going up to the sleeping 'platform' that was a bit bigger than the bed, so you came up the ladder and there was a bit of room before the bed started, which was just a mattress on the floor. and on the side looking over the room there was a railing that was about 15 inches high. at first i thought i would surely fall over but you get used to it, i never came close to falling, sexual shenanigans and all. and various nights of climbing up the ladder drunk.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I need a side table at all times,maybe they could fix it somewhat differently and more practical.Bathroom and toilet are clearly an addition,and the stairs are a big no no.What really grosses me out are the shoes next to the dining table.
    Overall ,an unusual place!
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Elite Member

I think there has to be another bed and bath up those stairs beside the suspended bed. That area isn't shown but you can see there is something up there. The suspended bed just isn't practical. It will make great conversation and new romantic partners will enjoy it for a night or two. That's about it.

I don't mind a tub in the kitchen at all.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    lol it's not the most practical but i love it. i would make the sides of the bed go up higher to prevent falling off though. other than that it's pretty awesome.

re: the tub and bathroom in the kitchen - that used to be the norm in old european apartments. this looks like a pretty old house and i guess they kept the old layout. i don't mind the tub in there. the toilet i wish were further away but i've been in apartments that had this and it's not too bad, you get used to it. and there's a little window in the bathroom, that's key.
    if you go into really old NYC apartments, usually on the LES or in Chinatown you'll see that sometimes.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    I think there has to be another bed and bath up those stairs beside the suspended bed. That area isn't shown but you can see there is something up there.
    There is nothing else upstairs:

And the bathroom is pretty small:

Elite Member

So there are retractable glass panels over the bed? That's pretty cool...in theory.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information