Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sputnik

Thread: A renovated fisherman’s house in Greece

Default A renovated fisherman’s house in Greece

Pin It

This renovated traditional fisherman’s house is located in the historic town of Koroni in the Peloponnese in southern Greece. Situated just below the historic Venetian castle, the house is in a peaceful spot right above a small beach. It is set one house back from the water’s edge, yet has stunning views across the sea to Mani and the mountains beyond. The 220 sq metre characterful house has been restored with great style with the help of an architect. Many walls have been removed to give the house a feeling of space, light and airiness which is so necessary in this hot mediterranean climate.

A RENOVATED GREEK FISHERMAN’S HOUSE | the style files

Elite Member

Simply lovely. I can even see my stuff around that house.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Koroni is simply beautiful.About 20kl from my summer house,we visit often and always enjoy it.The house is nicely done.lots of respect to the original one.I ve seen many old ones to know.Doesnt look like a fisherman.s lodge though..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Yeah, I'd like to see the after-photos, I mean when someone actually used it for a couple of months... Unless you go out for every meal, only use a bikini and a towel and all your books are on your tablet I doubt this proves comfortable. With the necessary furniture it would just look cluttered. In real life, a bathroom like this is really, really depressing. The view is beautiful though!!!

I like it

I like it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Entirely too sparse and rustic for my taste, but you can't fault the location/view.

Hit By Ban Bus!

A day bed with white linens. In the kitchen. In front of the stove with no vent. I guess if you never cook it'll be fine.

There are widows and sea breeze doing the work there.I have a house on a cliff up a beach.I have a vent and i use it only to help the fireplace work better wintertime.

yeah i'm not bothered by the daybed either. it's a good distance from the stove anyway.
    i know people who have sofas in their kitchens, which is sort of the same thing. you end up hanging out in kitchens a lot anyway and with this place it sort of looks like all the rooms are open and connected to one another and it's got a vacation house vibe to it anyway so maybe they need extra beds wherever they can put them for guests to sleep in?
    effie2 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That view is to die for.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Weeell,i have 2 sofas in my kitchen,big bookcase desk,tv ,it is a living space we all hang out.This in my town house,and nothing stinks.We Greeks like to live a simpler life.

^^^^
    my best friend's house growing up was like that. the kitchen was massive and it had a big old wood farm table for meals, and also two sofas a big comfy armchair, bookshelf and stereo. no tv though. but it was the room everyone hung out in and they only used the living room if they were watching something on tv. i loved it and if i ever have a house, i'd love to have that kind of setup.

I like it. I feel like I could relax there.

Yes, my kitchen is where everyone congregates, too! I have a big old table in there, tons of shelves, books, etc. I wish it were twice as big, but it's hard to find a nice old house here without a weirdly dinky, dark kitchen.

I love this house--why no exterior shot?--but I think it needs just what Effie was talking about actually, more comfy chairs, a nice sofa, books. I'd put that daybed in a corner with a couple of armchairs and have a big round table and chairs in the daybed spot. I know there's a dining room, but no matter how nice a dining room I've ever had, people still like the kitchen better. Funny.

The view is heart-stopping. I wish I could visit a place like this again someday....sigh. The color of that sea is something you can't ever forget.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Thread Information