Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help finding a particular sized sectional couch. Chalet? Anyone?

fgg

Default Need help finding a particular sized sectional couch. Chalet? Anyone?

i'm remodeling my living room and ripping out a built-in bench that looks great yet is completely uncomfortable and unusable. it will be leaving behind a recessed area that i want to fit the short leg of an L-shaped sectional into. i really want the shorter leg of the couch for the recess and then the full length couch to go along the perpendicular wall but i'm having a hell of a time finding one that will fit.

the short leg needs to be no larger than 91 inches. do any of you know where you can find something like this? do i have to go to an interior designer who has tons of books? i've done quick searches on the internet and looked at most online furnitures stores i can think of to find one with no luck.

HELP!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

What about custom built? There are places that will do any shape, size or covering that you want.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

yes, custom, or something like pottery barn where you can buy the separate sections and configure them the way you like
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

fgg

in my mind, custom built= $$$$$. i was hoping to only spend max $3k on it. i keep looking through all of my magazines but i'm going to have to start calling the furniture stores and straight up asking if they have anything that will fit.

ETA: you geniouses were right about pottery barn. i did some digging and there are a couple of configurations that would fit. they aren't my ideal and it will cost me a ton of money but at least i know i can get it to work.
    Last edited by fgg; February 18th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    in my mind, custom built= $$$$$. i was hoping to only spend max $3k on it. i keep looking through all of my magazines but i'm going to have to start calling the furniture stores and straight up asking if they have anything that will fit.
    Also ask if they know of a local person that makes furniture. It might be a lot cheaper than you think.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Contact Chic Warehouse in Houston, if they can't do it they can tell you who can. Also, you will not get robbed blind and it is made locally.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

fgg

i'll definitely look into that, thanks! my built-in is getting ripped out today so the reno has begun!

ETA: this store is only for people in houston...no delivery to florida. checking into jcp like louis suggested.
    Last edited by fgg; February 27th, 2013 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    yes, custom, or something like pottery barn where you can buy the separate sections and configure them the way you like
    I think JCPenney has one too, and you can choose from different colors. May be more affordable.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

louis, thank you!

this one fits my space and ischeaper than pottery barn...thoughts? i'd probably do the bone color.

Possibilities 2-pc.Track-Arm Broadway Leather Sofa Split Sectional - jcpenney 4294964813&topDim=Color&topDimvalue=beige&dimCombo =Color%7CItem+Type%7C&dimComboVal=beige%7Csectiona l+components%7C&currentDim=Item+Type&currentDimVal =sectional+components

i don't love the design, to be perfectly honest. i think it looks 'crowded', i feel each of the cushions and backs should be a bit wider or something. but maybe it's a matter of personal taste, i tend to prefer this type of look for a sectional:

this one's from the jcpenney website:

don't know if they work with the dimensions you posted.
    also, does it have to be leather? you could save money by going for fabric instead of leather and therefore have more options from more places to choose from.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

i don't like it when they don't have arms on the end and i do prefer clean lines, not slouchy looking. the problem is that the narrower side is the piece that will be facing the tv and where i'll be sitting most of the time and the longer arm will be facing the other side of my room so it would be weird to have a chaise-type piece where the most used seats are.

it's true about the arms on the ends.

i think you should have a look at some other options, including custom, before deciding. it really should be something you're in love with since you'll be using it every day for years.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Look around at some local furniture stores. We had a little place out here for years that did custom furniture. Mostly, their stuff looked like Pottery Barn, Z Gallerie and Crate and Barrel. Nice stuff and you could choose from a ton of different styles, fabrics, cushion fillings, etc. I did a custom sectional for about $2000.

Have you ever typed in "91 inches long sectionals or sofa" in your search bar to see what comes up that may be sold locally to you?
    It's worth a try

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I am retarded FGG, who is in Austin, I could have sworn you moved to Austin. I've lost my damn mind. WHO MOVED TO AUSTIN!?!?!??!??
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information