Thread: Ex-Miami Heat player Alonzo Mourning "downsizes" to a $4.5 Million house

Default Ex-Miami Heat player Alonzo Mourning "downsizes" to a $4.5 Million house

Ex-Heater Alonzo Mourning Downsizes! - Gossip Extra

Miami Heat great Alonzo Mourning is downsizing to a 10,000-square-foot house this month!
    Alonzo and Tracy Mourning
    The NBA retiree and his socialite wife just paid $4.5 million for new digs in Pinecrest, Gossip Extra has learned.
    They paid cash, according to records, since they also sold their $13,000-square-foot, 8-bedroom mansion in Coral Gables Oct. 11 for a tidy $11.35 million!
    The former center’s new place on SW 109th Street is in a wooded area of the Miami suburb and boasts nearly an acre of tropical vegetation.
    It’s got “just” six bedrooms and nine bathrooms.
    There’s one thing the Mournings new place has that the other didn’t, however: A bidet in the master bathroom.
    Mourning came to the Heat in 1996 after signing one of the NBA’s first $100 million-contracts.
    He sat out the 2002-03 season so that he could undergo a kidney transplant after Mourning was diagnosed with a rare ailment.
    He eventually returned to the team on time for the Heat’s first NBA championship in 2006, and retired for good in 2009. He’s now the team’s vice president of player development.

Old House:

New House:

I like it. Especially the pool area. Not bad for $4.5 Million and they paid cash for it, so they own it outright. Smart move to me. He won't be one of the 60% of retired NBA players who wind up broke within 5 years of leaving the league.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Even the 'downsized' home is gargantuan. Who needs a ridiculous house that big? And even if it's paid for, living in the Miami in a house that size... dude you best have another job lined up! He could burn through what's left of that cash in 10 years easy just maintaining that monstrosity + his lifestyle.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Even the 'downsized' home is gargantuan. Who needs a ridiculous house that big? And even if it's paid for, living in the Miami in a house that size... dude you best have another job lined up! He could burn through what's left of that cash in 10 years easy just maintaining that monstrosity + his lifestyle.
    Meh. He has kids, and while I do think the new house is pretty big, hell, its his money, not ours! *Shrugs* And he's still employed with the Heat, just in a behind-the-scenes capacity.

This house isn't the tackiness I was expecting. Some (a lot) of the furnishings are bland, boring, and tacky, and I hate the checkerboard flooring, but the house itself isn't bad. That pool area is pretty swank.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Another unimaginative McMansion.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    This house isn't the tackiness I was expecting. Some (a lot) of the furnishings are bland, boring, and tacky, and I hate the checkerboard flooring, but the house itself isn't bad. That pool area is pretty swank.

It has potential, but I agree the furnishings are very "blah"

I guess life is hard everywhere.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I simply despise these whitewashed McMansions. So cold and pretentious they make my butt hurt.

typical miami mcmansion but for an athlete, i expected tackier. it's totally bland and devoid of personality.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Maybe they haven't fully moved in yet, hence the arid blandness? That is a seriously stocked bar, though--interesting choice for a dude who's bipolar.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    And even if it's paid for, living in the Miami in a house that size... dude you best have another job lined up! He could burn through what's left of that cash in 10 years easy just maintaining that monstrosity + his lifestyle.
    just the taxes on it alone! a $500k, 2000 sqft house here has property taxes of approx. $10k a year so i can only imagine in miami!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I'm actually disappointed that it's not really tacky :/ the new house looks like a hotel
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

It's not bad. It's very staged right now, but it definitely has great potential.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

That's f@#$ing downsizing?!!!!!

Thread Information