Thread: Elvis Presley's Beverly Hills estate for sale

Default Elvis Presley's Beverly Hills estate for sale

Live like The King! Elvis and Priscilla Presley's former Beverly Hills estate hits market at $12.9 million

By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 20:19, 12 October 2012 | UPDATED: 21:19, 12 October 2012

The Beverly Hills estate where Elvis Presley and his wife Priscilla once lived went up for sale this week at the price of $12.9 million.

The Presleys bought the home in 1967, nine years after it was built, and sold it six years later on August 31, 1973, just before their divorce was finalised.

For sale: The Beverly Hills estate where Elvis Presley and his wife Priscilla once lived went up for sale this week at the price of $12.9 million

First home: The Presleys bought the home in 1967, nine years after it was built

Love: One year after buying the home, the couple had their first and only child, Lisa Marie Presley

Entrance: The gated driveway and lush landscaping makes the estate feel private and secluded

The couple's first and only child, Lisa Marie Presley, was born one year after they bought the home, which features a pool and spa in the backyard.

The sprawling four-bedroom, five-bathroom home was previously available to lease for $25,000 a month.

The master bedroom features a floor-to-ceiling mirror along one wall and the study is lined with built-in bookshelves. Sunlight spills into the home from every corner, with tons of windows and french doors, as well as a sunlight over the breakfast table.

Views: The home features floor-to-ceiling windows in every room with views of the city of Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean

Space: The house is 5,367 square feet and sits on a 1.18 acre lot

Rooms: The French Regency estate has four bedrooms and five bathrooms

The French Regency estate has attracted droves of fans over the years who want to pay homage to the rock and roll king.

The 5,367-square-foot home sits on a 1.18 acre lot and its many floor-to-ceiling windows offer views of the city of Los Angeles as well as the Pacific Ocean.

Trouble begins: Both Presley and his wife had affairs with other people while they were living in the home

Remodeled: Several rooms in the home were recently remodeled, including the kitchen and laundry room

Brand new: The pool and spa were resurfaced before the house went up for sale

The home was recently remodeled to include a new kitchen and laundry room, as well as an updated pool and spa.

The Presleys eventually sold the home for half a million dollars.

Elvis Presley died at the age of 42 on Aug. 16, 1977 in Memphis, where he also had a home, which has been turned into a museum dedicated to his legacy.

Remodeled: Several rooms in the home were recently remodeled, including the kitchen and laundry room

Sold: The Presleys sold the home in 1976, just six years after they bought it

Gone: Elvis Presley died at the age of 42 on Aug. 16, 1977 in Memphis, where he also had a home, which has been turned into a museum dedicated to his legacy.

Read more: Elvis Presley and Priscilla's Beverly Hills house hits market at $12.9 million | Mail Online

Kind of a cool pad, really. Great views and the pool area is lovely. That looks like a decent kitchen redo as well.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

The glass domed ceiling in the dining room is greatness.

I love this place. Simply lovely structure and I don't hate the furnishings at all.

This is a fabulous space - some of the stuff's gotta go, but the views are amazing and I want the shower!
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

If the previous owners would take all their fug stuff out, I think it might be a nice place.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Looks like the kept all the King's tacky stuff. Good space though.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

This was Elvis' house on 144 Monovale Drive. I think it changed owners twice since Elvis, so this would be the third sale since he sold it. The place where he had the Beatles over was on Perugia Way in Bel-Air.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Not bad at all! But I wouldn't spend 12 million on a place covered in wall-to-wall carpeting covering most of the floors.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

i love this (apart from the furniture), the windows and view are amazing. i loved graceland as well.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    This was Elvis' house on 144 Monovale Drive. I think it changed owners twice since Elvis, so this would be the third sale since he sold it. The place where he had the Beatles over was on Perugia Way in Bel-Air.
    Which is why that gate post says 1174?

Its 1175 N Hillcrest Road.
    Free Charmed.

Default Elvis Presley's $9.8 Million LA Mansion to be demolished

Hard Rock Cafe Founder Buys Elvis Presley's LA Mansion For $9.8 Million, Plans To Tear It Down

In an ironic twist, the founder of the Hard Rock Cafe — the restaurants dedicated to preserving musician memorabilia — is rumored to be tearing down Elvis Presley's old Beverly Hills mansion to construct a brand new house, according to Curbed LA.
    The home, which has four bedrooms, five bathrooms, and spans 5,367 square feet, was previously on the market this past October for $12.995 million and sold to Hard Rock's Peter Morton in December for $9.8 million.

The gated property sits on 1.18 acres of land, with stunning views of Los Angeles from the backyard. Morton is a bit of a real estate buff, with another home in Holmby Hills and a mini-compound on Carbon Beach in Malibu, according to Curbed.

Thread Information