Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is this the ugliest mansion in America?

Default Is this the ugliest mansion in America?

Is this the ugliest mansion in America? The 'gas station' home in Lake Success is on the market for $5.88 MILLION

By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 08:31 EST, 2 September 2012 | UPDATED: 08:33 EST, 2 September 2012

At one time it was presumably the home of someone’s dreams but Hollywood Mansion is now being slammed as the stuff of realtors' nightmares.

The property in New York’s Long Island has the unfortunate accolade of being ranked as one of the ugliest mansions in the country by Forbes.
    The magazine describes the boxy property as a ‘gas station home’ which could also pass for a hotel.

Hollywood Mansion: Forbes described this house in New York's Long Island as one of the ugliest mansions in the U.S.

Acquired taste: The multiple TV screens and band set make this room resemble a cruise liner

Extravagant: The marble floors, green furnishings, shiny mahogany and retro lights may not be to everyone's tastes

But, of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and realtors are hoping someone will love the extravagant property enough to splash $5.88 million on it, reported Curbed.com.

More...

Spread over more than two acres, boasting a vast portico and various out buildings, the mansion certainly boasts quantity.

Indeed realtors sell the home as the buyer’s chance to own the biggest property ‘not just on the block, but in all of Lake Success, Great Neck.’

Undeniably over-the-top in style, the Lake Success address suits the Hollywood Mansion property perfectly.

For sale: The property in Long Island's Great Neck is on the market for $5.88 million

Party house: The property, which sprawls over 8,700 feet, even boasts its own bar

Up for grabs: The listing promises that the buyer of Hollywood Mansion will be the 'talk of the town'

Build in 1994, the 8,700-square-foot home has six bedrooms, five and a half bathrooms, a four-car garage and an impressive bar.

With bright white walls and appliances against ivy green furnishings, the decor harks back to a by-gone era.

One living room has no less than three flat screens TVs and a grand piano and drum set on an upper tier, giving it the feel of a lobby on a seventies cruise liner.

The listing promises that if you buy Hollywood Mansion you’ll be the ‘talk of the town.’

Harsh criticism: Forbes magazine said the property's oversized portico and four-car garage made the home seem like a hotel or a gas station

Boxy: The property was built in 1994 and is now on the market for $5.88 million

Read more: Is this the ugliest mansion in America? The 'gas station' home in Lake Success is on the market for $5.88 MILLION | Mail Online

As hideous and tacky as this may be, it can't be the ugliest mansion in America, there have been worse than this posted here.
    Last edited by Waterslide; September 2nd, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Burn the entire interior, then call me.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

All the WHITE! Looks like an institution.

It's way over the top in a Tony Montana kinda way, but if you have 5.8 million to spend, then you can spend another couple of million to refurbish the inside. I don't despise it, but I've seen way worse.

This doen't even compare to some we have seen in Florida alone.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I have a bit of a soft-spot for Art Deco, even faux Art Deco and I've seen so many more worse on here!

The greenhouse is cute and the double height sitting room looks great from the kitchen area.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    This doen't even compare to some we have seen in Florida alone.
    Et tu Brute?
    Lalique likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

i expected much worse.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Outside and inside are pretty much the ugliest thing I have laid eyes on since novice's sicko carrot top avi. Burn it to the ground and run far far away, no one can live on land that has known this kind of fug, at least not for several generations.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I honestly can find nothing redeeming about this hideous beast. Even the grounds are ugly.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's not the worst I've ever seen, but the front entrance reminds me of Annie when she shows up to Daddy Warbucks' house and says "are we at Grand Central Station?"

It's a house? I thought it was Leonard's of Great Neck.

Waterslide and hustle4alivin like this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    It's a house? I thought it was Leonard's of Great Neck.

It does look the same!
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

This will be some tacky couple's dream home, I find it pretty ghastly personally but its not the ugliest thing I've ever seen.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Some Russian billionaire will be creaming his jeans over this bullshit.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information