Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Air Quotes

Thread: Lake Windermere Boathouse - A Snip at £2million!

Bronze Member

Default Lake Windermere Boathouse - A Snip at £2million!

Luxury Lake Windermere boathouse with some of Britain’s most spectacular views could be yours for just £2MILLION

By Alex Ward
    PUBLISHED:13:00, 31 August 2012| UPDATED:14:31, 31 August 20

A luxurious boathouse with some of Britain's most spectacular views is up for sale for almost £2 million.
    The rural retreat on the shoreline of Lake Windermere in the Lake District offers panoramic views, 650ft of lakeside frontage and is one of the only properties on the lake that can be lived in.
    Set in tranquil countryside, the property which has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a private jetty was originally built around 1870.

Luxurious boathouse: On the shoreline of Lake Windermere, the property which is for sale for almost £2million, has 650ft of lakeside frontage

Matt Dixon, a director at Fine and Country, who are handling the sale, said: ‘Properties like this are scarce and we’ve had a number of people expressing an interest so far.
    More...

‘The boathouse would suit people looking for a second home. The family who currently own it let it out to holiday makers, so it could be used in that way too.

Panoramic views: The agent said the boathouse, set on the tranquil lake, is 'a unique opportunity'

Private peace: The property in Pullwood Bay, Ambleside has its own private jetty in a peaceful setting

Boathouse for many: The property has a wet dock where several boats can be moored

‘It’s one of the only properties on the lake which can be lived in, and has it’s own gardens and jetty.’
    The boathouse, in Pullwood Bay, Ambleside was put on sale as the estate it is situated on was sub-divided and the rest of the estate has already been sold.
    Mr Dixon said: ‘It’s such a unique opportunity to own a property like this, it has been sympathetically restored and offers peace and tranquility.’

Second home: There ample living space, the boathouse would suit people looking for a second home, agent Matt Dixon said

Modern interior: The boathouse, which was built around 1870 has been modernised inside with two bedrooms and two luxury bathrooms

Top floor: A wall of folding glass doors to a viewing glass balcony is on the top floor where you can gaze out at the lake and surrounding mountains

Reduced asking price: Since going on sale in April, the asking price has dropped from £2,750,000 to £1,975,000

The asking price is £1,975,000, reduced from £2,750,000 when it was put up for sale in April.
    He said: ‘The asking price has been reduced since it went on sale in April, but it’s definitely a rare commodity so it’s difficult to put a value on.’
    There is enough space to moor a number of boats on the property’s own wet dock and the top floor features a wall of folding glass doors to a viewing glass balcony, where the owner can gaze out at the lake and surrounding mountains.
    The interior has been modernised throughout and includes a designer kitchen, solid oak floors, an open staircase and luxury bathrooms.

Liveable lakeside: The boathouse is one of the only properties on the lake that can be lived in

Luxury finishes: The boathouse has solid oak floors and an open staircase inside

Read more: Lake Windermere: Luxurious boathouse for sale for £2million | Mail Online

Take all the furniture with you and i'll take it for the weekend.
    Brookie likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Yeah, the entire inside needs to be torched and painted. Actually, the outside kind of looks like a garage, but the scenery is beautiful so I'd take it for that.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I'll take it please!

I'd take that shit in a hot second.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

The inside is boring but the location and views are so wonderful, I wouldn't care. I guess it also keeps holiday guests happy if it's of a neutral colour scheme.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Love it!

Those views are beautiful

Lovely. It just needs new furniture
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Good thing the inside is a blank canvas...outta my way, I'm packed and on my way.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information