Thread: A Floating Condo on a Cruise Ship

Default A Floating Condo on a Cruise Ship

40,000 ton cruise ship The World of Residensea floating condos.
    The ship has 165 residential units (106 apartments, 19 studio apartments, and 40 studios), all owned by the ship's residents. The ship carries between 100 and 300 residents and their guests. As of 2010, a 328 sq ft (30.5 m2) studio (Ocean Studio 661) has a list price of USD $600,000. Ocean Residence 1006 (2 bedroom, 2.5 bath) list price USD $2,950,000. The World Suite 1108/1110 list price USD $13,500,000.
    Monthly homeowner dues range from $20,000 per month (for the smaller units) and up, and cover fuel, crew, maintenance and a meal allowance for the owner.

These are pics of various condos onboard; the website doesn't allow you to copy them - I had to get them from somewhere else.

Hell, if you can afford to live this way, why not? It would get weird after a while, waking up in a different port almost every day. This year, the ship has been in Asia, Polynesia, Hawaii, west coast of South America, and will meander its way to Europe before summer's end.

The condos look positively lavish and have their own kitchens; if you don't feel like cooking, the ship has five fucking restaurants for you to eat at. AND you can have guests with special permission.

Champagne wishes and all that.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

fgg

if i was insanely rich, i'd get one of these for whenever i felt like using it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

A*O

It's VERY expensive. Not only do you have to pay for the apartment, there are huge management and maintenance fees. Very few people live permanently on board. They use it more for extended vacations. If you've got that kind of cash to splash you're better off putting the $$$ in the bank or invest elsewhere and the interest will pay for a very nice cruise minus the ongoing overheads. B

This ship was in Melbourne last year and it was looking very tatty I have to say.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

"Titanic: The Residence".
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    It's VERY expensive. Not only do you have to pay for the apartment, there are huge management and maintenance fees. Very few people live permanently on board. They use it more for extended vacations. If you've got that kind of cash to splash you're better off putting the $$$ in the bank or invest elsewhere and the interest will pay for a very nice cruise minus the ongoing overheads. B

This ship was in Melbourne last year and it was looking very tatty I have to say.
    You mean the upkeep is bad?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I saw this on the travel channel!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I totally love the dining room chairs in the second picture.

très tacky.
    also, i read the title of the thread as 'a floating condom on a cruise ship' at first.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If I had an unlimited amount of cash and I was totally out of my mind, I'd love to sell it all, buy a "condom" on this ship and just cruise from port to port. It would be awesome to have a new view every day out the old porthole while still being in my own house.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I can't help but think of all of those vases & wine glasses crashing about when they hit rough seas.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The two times I've gone on cruises I got very sea sick. I didn't think that was supposed to happen on boats that big because it cut how much you felt the movement, but I did and it ruined both trips. I hate it because I love the water, I just can't be below deck and my body feel movement but my eye not see it.

Not my bag baby, but to each his/her own!

eek. stuffy & hideous. and, like, packed to the fucking walls with furniture. there's no need to have that much furniture in those rooms. i hate places where they have like 5 little conversation areas set up within the same (usually too small and ostentatiously decorated, just like this) room.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Thread Information