Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Courtney Love's Manhattan apartment

Default Courtney Love's Manhattan apartment

Last month, she moved out of her West Village, New York townhouse after winning her vicious, legal battle with her former landlord.
    So no doubt Courtney Love is hoping for a smoother domestic situation in her new home.
    The singer, 47, is now living in a rented condominium in the Nolita district of Manhattan and is getting on famously with her new landlords.

Love revealed she is now living in 'the Lafayette building - everyone calls it that - near the New Museum'.
    When she moved in last month, the former Hole frontwoman even got U2 rocker Bono to write her a character reference.
    She told the New York Daily News: 'They didnít even credit-check. They chose Bono (from my character references). And he wrote me a paragraph.'

Much happier: Love is more content with her landlords

So far, she's only run into one clash with neighbours, when she was playing loud music, but has vowed to keep the volume down from now on after finding out one was pregnant.
    She said: 'Itís all good now. I didnít know! I donít do noise complaints.'
    In January, Love won her legal battle against her Chicago-based landlady Donna Lyons, who had accused the singer of owing her $50,000 in rent.
    Judge Jean Schneider of New York County Housing cancelled the case saying Lyons had improperly relied on outdated lease provisions.
    Love had been renting the $27,000-a-month townhouse on West 10th Street for 11 months, but has apparently not been missing payments.
    Her lawyer Eric Sherman said: 'We are pleased with the court's decision.
    'The judge decided there was no non in the non-payment. She has always paid her rent on time, in fact sometimes in advance of when it was due.'

Given her recent tweeting, Love is very happy in her new abode.
    She wrote on March 10: 'I like this pad better - and my landlord teddy and mrs teddy are so very very cool and chic and live next-door - not a nasty fatty from Chi.'
    Meanwhile, the singer's former assistant Jessica Labrie is reportedly touting a book about her time working for the rocker to publishers.
    Labrie describes her book, provisionally titled 'Get me a Xanax', as 'an unprecendented glimpse into the daily life of the chaotic widow of Kurt Cobain, by an innocuous girl who had the extraordinary chance to witness it all'.
    However, Love has denied Labrie's claims that she took cocaine during the time she was employed.
    She did admitted to TMZ.com that she did take Xanax, but said she had a prescription.

Read more: Courtney Love moves into new Manhattan apartment after legal battle with ex-landlord | Mail Online

Labrie describes her book, provisionally titled 'Get me a Xanax', as 'an unprecendented glimpse into the daily life of the chaotic widow of Kurt Cobain, by an innocuous girl who had the extraordinary chance to witness it all'.
    I like the extra fuck you of only referring to her as the "widow of Kurt Cobain." Don't you know that burns her ass.

I was cringing when I clicked on this thread, but it's actually not so bad, I like the airiness of it.
    Go Habs Go!!

I hate that kitchen. hate it. The rest is fine but it would take a 40 gallons of bleach before I'd sit my ass anywhere in that place.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thought there would be garbage strewn all over the place with random needles and crackpipes and 30 year-old stained furniture?
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    Okay, so I'm not the only one who thought there would be garbage strewn all over the place with random needles and crackpipes and 30 year-old stained furniture?
    Perhaps it is the magic of photoshop.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Errrrm yeah, nice bathroom. Like she's taking a shower

These are the Before photos. After she moves out they'll find dead pets buried under mountains of trash.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Yes, she is going to trash it. I like the show photos but I'm not sure the kitchen has a great view.

Far better than I was expecting. We should be nice, maybe she will hire (and pay in advance) Chalet!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i half-expected that, too. i'm glad it's been staged, even if it is completely generic.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I thought the same thing.
    I wondered where the curtains or drapes were too.
    I guess the dry cleaners couldn't get those shit stains out in time for the photoshoot.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I'm shocked that I don't find it completely apalling. I was expecting it to look like an alley out behind a bar - complete with vomit and beer bottles.. and maybe some people shooting up and some people passed out in their own piss...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(ē_ē)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Bono vouched for her?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Bono vouched for her?!?
    I knew there was a reason I didn't like him!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information