Thread: A townhouse in Rotterdam

Default A townhouse in Rotterdam

Andreas Meichsner for The New York Times

Rolf Bruggink, a Dutch designer, calls the crumbling town house he renovated in Rotterdam the Black Pearl, after the blackpainted brick facade that replaced the original one. His workshop, Studio Rolf.fr, is on the ground level.

A Home for a Designer Eager to Renovate - Slide Show - NYTimes.com

it's cool except for what he did with the windows on the front of the townhouse. wtf?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like it. I'll take the dude and the dog too.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Elite Member

I'm surprised he was allowed to completely destroy the front of the building. That has to affect resale-value for the surrounding buildings. And either there's no door to the toilet, or the toilet and sink aren't in the same room. Either way I'll pass. Although I like the way it looks like the sink-cubboard is floating.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I think the white panel with the pictures on it might be the open toilet door. At least I hope it is as the idea of opening my eyes in a morning and the first sight to greet me being the Mister dropping his load is not an appealing one. Having said that, even if it is the toilet door the idea of shutting yourself in that tiny, windowless space gives me serious claustrophobic jitters. I'm not someone who'd find the lack of a huge bathroom to be a deal breaker but having a loo that was smaller than some coat closets would be.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I dislike it all, including the dude and the dog. Fug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I think the white panel with the pictures on it might be the open toilet door. At least I hope it is as the idea of opening my eyes in a morning and the first sight to greet me being the Mister dropping his load is not an appealing one. Having said that, even if it is the toilet door the idea of shutting yourself in that tiny, windowless space gives me serious claustrophobic jitters. I'm not someone who'd find the lack of a huge bathroom to be a deal breaker but having a loo that was smaller than some coat closets would be.
    It's common in the Netherlands to have the toilet seperate from the bathroom. Some bathrooms do have a toilet in it but there's usually a second, seperate toilet.

Although there's usually a sink so you can wash your hands.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I don't have a problem with separate toilets, I just don't like the idea of feeling like I'm in a white-washed coffin when I'm trying to have a pee.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I don't have a problem with separate toilets, I just don't like the idea of feeling like I'm in a white-washed coffin when I'm trying to have a pee.
    Well, what you see is about the average size for a toilet

Thread Information