Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Mini Modern: New 495-square-foot L.A. house

  1. #1
    Elite Member Honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    59,021

    Default Mini Modern: New 495-square-foot L.A. house

    Designer Louis Molina of Good Idea Studio calls it "the smallest new house in Echo Park," an L.A. house that uses its 495 square feet quite creatively for maximum effect on a minimal footprint. The goal: "enriched living, not impoverished living."



















    Mini Modern: New 495-square-foot L.A. house - latimes.com

  2. #2
    Elite Member angelais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jon Hamm's pants
    Posts
    12,751

    Default

    Works perfect for this single dude with a dog - and mustard yellow shorts.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

  3. #3
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Poor doggy.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  4. #4
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    So hanging the pans with a few good inches a part is the best use of space? Why not just stack them in a cupboard - and y'know save space?
    And an out door fan - does it really get that hot? And paintings on the floor: not hip, just silly.

  5. #5
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    21,104

    Default

    I love it - perfect size for moi.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

  6. #6
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    So hanging the pans with a few good inches a part is the best use of space? Why not just stack them in a cupboard - and y'know save space?
    i hate stacked pans and pots in a cupboard. such a pain in the ass. i wish i had an area to hang them in my kitchen because having to reach into a dark cabinet and guessing which pan is which and banging everything trying to get it out is a fucking pain.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  7. #7
    Elite Member hustle4alivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    It's too small and it's in Los Angeles. No thanks.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

  8. #8
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,546

    Default

    I couldn't live there. It looks like there is no bathtub, I have to have a bathtub.

  9. #9
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i hate stacked pans and pots in a cupboard. such a pain in the ass. i wish i had an area to hang them in my kitchen because having to reach into a dark cabinet and guessing which pan is which and banging everything trying to get it out is a fucking pain.
    I'm the exact opposite, I hate hanging pans. Have you considered pull-out shelves? I have those for easy access.

  10. #10
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GUTTED
    Posts
    21,104

    Default

    It's about the size of the apartment I live in now. And I love all of the glass.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

  11. #11
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I'm the exact opposite, I hate hanging pans. Have you considered pull-out shelves? I have those for easy access.
    nah. i rent, so i'm not going to invest in re-doing cabinets in the kitchen. plus i have a really small kitchen and the large cabinet that is big enough for pots and pans is one of those corner cabinets with an angled door, like this:



    it's like a cave. a big dark cave with a top and bottom shelf and i have to kneel down to get anything out.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  12. #12
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,811

    Default

    I wonder if there is room for two in that bed..and I like dogs too....hmmm..

    I like it.

  13. #13
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    nah. i rent, so i'm not going to invest in re-doing cabinets in the kitchen. plus i have a really small kitchen and the large cabinet that is big enough for pots and pans is one of those corner cabinets with an angled door, like this:



    it's like a cave. a big dark cave with a top and bottom shelf and i have to kneel down to get anything out.
    Yeah, hanging pans are definitely better than spelunking for a pan every day.
    Last edited by idunno; December 12th, 2011 at 04:34 PM.

  14. #14
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Works perfect for this single dude with a dog - and mustard yellow shorts.
    You would think if the LA Times was coming to feature your house in a pictorial you could put on some khakis and a polo. He looks almost homeless.

  15. #15
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    51,157

    Default

    homeless? it's just a dude in a white t-shirt and shorts. he looks clean-shaven and showered. informal outfit, sure, but since when does informal = homeless?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM
  2. An 11,500-square-foot Mansion
    By Honey in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: October 25th, 2010, 09:04 AM
  3. A 2000-square-foot condo loft
    By Honey in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 26th, 2010, 10:14 AM
  4. A 1,500-square-foot bungalow in California
    By Honey in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2010, 08:57 PM
  5. A 600-square-foot Venice bungalow
    By Honey in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: June 17th, 2009, 07:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •