Thread: A two-bedroom, two-bath condo in Atlanta

Default A two-bedroom, two-bath condo in Atlanta

Erik S. Lesser for The New York Times
    A two-bedroom, two-bath condo in a former factory is on the market in the Virginia-Highland neighborhood of Atlanta for $374,750.

Real Estate for $375,000 - Slide Show - NYTimes.com

I couldn't imagine cleaning that shower! Imagine all the dust and soap scum that would accummulate on those ledges. It looks cool, but the maintenance on that shower alone is enough to make me go running out of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_uncut-jock View Post
    I couldn't imagine cleaning that shower! Imagine all the dust and soap scum that would accummulate on those ledges. It looks cool, but the maintenance on that shower alone is enough to make me go running out of this place.
    If you could afford it, you could probably pay someone to come in once a week to clean the shower. Just saying. If I could afford $400,000.00 for a two bedroom condo, I sure as hell would make sure to have a cleaning person come in for the worst cleaning jobs.

* It also would not exactly kill me if they were about 25, built like a brick shithouse, and cleaned the shower clad only in a bathing suit. I would have to conveniently be looking for something I lost in the bathroom while they were cleaning...funny how I would always lose 'something' in that bathroom right before the stud would come in to clean the shower...lol

I have always been opposed to having a cleaning person...I think in large part because that's what my mom did for people when I was growing up. She would clean the big houses of rich people while we struggled to get by. Now that I can afford to get a cleaning person of my own, I just couldn't imagine actually doing it. With that being said, you may have convinced me to get a house boy.

^^^
    think of it as you helping someone out, especially in this climate where lots of people are looking for jobs. and make a point of paying well and being a good boss too

Yes I feel like I am helping the economy by paying others to clean my house, take care of my pool and yard, plow my snow.... They have chosen to provide a service that I need and I am happy to pay well as long as the job is done well also.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Great advice...now, where can I find a hot, muscled, scruffy faced man to clean my tub?

How about this guy

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

i think this place has potential. it's a cool space and i love the big windows and the exposed brick but i don't like the dinky white curtains on the mezzanine, and i hate that random piece of faux-industrial metal where the tv is. also, get rid of that fugly television or at least put it on a rolling stand or something, but not smack in the middle of the living room wall where you should hang artwork. only chavs think flat-screen tv's are art. unless you have a separate tv/guest room, then you can have the tv as a centrepiece. but not in the living room. why isn't the tv in the second bedroom, which appears to be used as a guest room since it has a sofa bed.

i'd also change all the furniture, starting with that godawful backless sofa in the living room. also hate the striped floor in the bedroom.

cool shower. and yeah, get a cleaning lady to give it a good scrub once a week.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    How about this guy

Yes, please!

This neighborhood isn't too far from where I live. It's a cool space but it seems like Ikea and ZGallerie threw up all over that place in terms of decor.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Thread Information