Thread: A Chelsea Loft

Default A Chelsea Loft

Loft Tour: Curated Chelsea Home

Photographer Anita Calero migrated to West Chelsea long before the current stampede of millionaires. Back in the 1990s, she rented a 2,000-square-foot loft in an artists’ condominium, which she then bought and began to reconfigure. Calero knocked wide doorways into several rooms, including the new eat-in kitchen with its major appliances carefully hidden from the adjacent spaces. The dining table and chairs are lightly restored Jean Prouvé “standard chairs,” with a faux-coral chandelier above (Calero frequents furniture dealers and flea markets). Of course, this kind of archaeology isn’t possible in the ultra-luxury apartments rising around Calero’s building. We especially love how she has embraced the older elements of the space.

Loft Tour: Curated Chelsea Home – LoftLife Magazine – The Loftstyle Guide to Life in the City

i absolutely LOVE this, with the exception of the tiny little bed.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

i don't usually love places like this, but I LOVE this place!

I was surprised this apartment belongs to a woman, it is very masculine looking to me, but it in a really good way. And no, I don't think it has to have pink frothy drapes and crystal flower vases to be feminine, I really mean that this really looks like a cool place for a guy to live.

And the tiny bed is not going to work for me either.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

it's funny but i think it's very feminine in a way. obviously not in a girly-girl way because this woman clearly loves clear lines and modernist furniture but there are all these little details that i think are quite feminine. i'm not a girlie-girl at all when it comes to architecture and décor and i hate frou-frou shit but this space definitely speaks to me.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

I Like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it's funny but i think it's very feminine in a way. obviously not in a girly-girl way because this woman clearly loves clear lines and modernist furniture but there are all these little details that i think are quite feminine. i'm not a girlie-girl at all when it comes to architecture and décor and i hate frou-frou shit but this space definitely speaks to me.
    yeah, I can't really put my finger on what is not exactly feminine to me about it, I thought it was funny that when I just looked at the photos (without reading the article), I assumed a man lived there and I actually asked myself why I automatically would come to that conclusion. What made it even weirder was that I liked it, could imagine myself living there even though I like "girlier" homes (I guess? lol, maybe not after all!). This space definitely speaks to me, too.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I thought it looked very feminine! The plant, the bird cages and especially the light fixture in the kitchen. Love the bulletin board on the fridge.
    I like it, but it does look more like Sput lives here!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I hate this and isn't "West Chelsea" actually somewhere like Fulham?
    Free Charmed.

All that furniture is ugly and looks so uncomfortable. Blech.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I hate this and isn't "West Chelsea" actually somewhere like Fulham?
    it's west chelsea in nyc.

fgg

i hate it.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I like some of it, but hate other bits. The sofas look really uncomfortable and itchy

Thread Information