Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Smith's 25000 sf house in Calabasa

Default Will Smith's 25000 sf house in Calabasa

The Today Show had a woman on from Architectural Digest and she showed a lot more pictures that I can't find on-line. The place is spectacular as far as design and location. I was not impressed with the decor. I was amused though that virtually everything in the home is "hand made" so that the house will be filled with love...

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Show Off 25,000 Square Foot Calabasas Retreat - The Hollywood Reporter

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Show Off 25,000 Square Foot Calabasas Retreat
    9:00 AM 8/2/2011 by Erin Landau
    The power couple open their home to the public for the first time on the cover of Architectural Digest.
    Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith, and their multi-talented family display their never-before-photographed Southern California home (located near Calabasas, Calif.), in the September issue of Architectural Digest magazine. The cover features the movie-star couple, while one photo in the magazine gathers together, for the first time, the entire family, including Trey, Smith's son from his first marriage, 18; Jaden, 13; and Willow, 10.

Included in the story are pictures of Smith's recording studio (where Willow recorded her single "Whip My Hair"); two kids' rooms, one with bunk beds, the other a canopy bed; and a great room with views out to the mountains. The entire house is decorated in neutral hues with eye-catching pieces like purple shag pillows and exotic tribal-printed chairs. Interior designer Judith Lance adds that everything in the house "had to look handcrafted but at the same time refined and sophisticated."

The Mediterranean-style abode was designed by architect Stephen Samuelson, who says that the aesthetic of the home "is anchored in history and the various interpretations of adobe in Persian, Moroccan, Spanish, as well as Southwest American cultures." Will Smith met Samuelson through Gene Hackman while the actors were shooting Wild Wild West in Santa Fe.

For the Pinkett Smiths, the most important consideration in designing the 25,000 square-foot home was that it exude intimacy. The nine-bedroom residence includes a meditation room as well as a circular floor plan which creates "an infinite cycle that represented what Jada and I hoped for our love," says Smith, who next appears in Men in Black III. The property also includes a lake, basketball and tennis courts and three golf holes. The couple reportedly moved into their dream house in 2004 after a seven-year-long building process.

Pinkett Smith -- who next appears in Madagascar 3 and wears a vibrant Lanvin dress on the cover -- says that, "for Will and me this home was always a spiritual endeavor. We're very earthy, organic people. We wanted to create a family retreat, something made by hand and as natural as possible, something that ties back to the land."

The entire article will be available in Architectural Digest on Aug 9

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

It's nice in a hotel lobby kinda way.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Included in the story are pictures of Smith's recording studio (where Willow recorded her single "Whip My Hair");
    The scene of one of the most heinous crimes in the world of music.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    It's nice in a hotel lobby kinda way.
    exactly. it looks like a resort. not a house people actually live in. very impersonal.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Love the view.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    exactly. it looks like a resort. not a house people actually live in. very impersonal.
    might be because they brought in people to spruce it up before the shoot. i doubt it looks like that on a day to day basis

I cannot stand these two.

I love the view
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Too much furniture. Too much stuff.

fgg

i liked it from the pictures they showed on the today show but no family of four needs 25,000 square feet.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

There's five, Will has a boy from his first marriage who is, blessedly, not famewhorish.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The view is stunning. Are the Kardashians their neighbors LOL

Meh. It's a nice space, but I definitely agree with the "hotel lobby" comments.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Gawd I hate these losers.

"Welcome to Ramada Inn; your room is right next to the ice machine."
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information