Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katie Couric's Hamptons house

Default Katie Couric's Hamptons house

After this week announcing plans to become a daytime talk show host, Katie Couric has opened the doors of the home where she will be going to relax at the weekends.
    The 54-year-old, who on Monday was revealed as ABC’s replacement for Oprah, showed off her seven bedroom country retreat in the Hamptons.
    The former CBS Evening News anchor has renovated the plush cedar-wood-shingle house with the help of her landscape architect sister.

Weekend pad: TV host Katie Couric shows off the Hamptons home she had renovated with the help of her sister Clara

Country house: Katie Couric purchased the cedar-wood-shingle house in East Hampton in 2006

The 7,000 square foot residence comes complete with seven bedrooms, six bathrooms and a pool is only five blocks from the beach.
    ‘I decided that I’m really a beach person and would go to a house in the Hamptons much more often, especially since I have lots of great friends there,’ said Miss Couric who already owned a country house in Millbrook New York.
    ‘I wanted something casual and relaxed—something without a lot of trees. I didn’t want to be deep in the woods,’ she told Hamptons Cottages and Gardens magazine in an article by Andrea Hope Smith.

Through the keyhole: The seven-bedroom house is tastefully decorated throughout

Decorated: The house has been personalised with a collection of the former news anchor's possessions

Idyllic: The weekend retreat is just five blocks away from the beach

The former Today Show host paid $6.3 million for the two-storey home in East Hampton, New York.
    She said she fell in love with it immediately. ‘The rooms were spacious and had lots of sun, and as soon as I walked in I could picture my family being there,’ she said.
    ‘Its proximity to town was convenient for my daughters, and it was close enough to the ocean, on a pretty street that wasn’t very busy. It met all the requirements.’

Close knit: Katie Couric said that she likes being able to host her family in the residence

Take a dip: The house comes complete with a swimming pool in the garden
    Layout: Katie Couric has been updating the grounds of the home, which she bought for $6.3 million

The house was in good shape when she bought it, but together with her sister Clara Couric Batchelor, she has landscaped the outside of the property.
    ‘Katie loves to harvest her own vegetables,’ Mrs Batchelor told Hamptons Cottages and Gardens. ‘So I also added a vegetable garden near the pool where she grows herbs like rosemary, basil, oregano and thyme.’
    Miss Couric told the magazine that while at the pad, she enjoys, ‘sitting on my tush by the pool, reading or playing tennis and just enjoying the quiet, lush environment and the beautiful sunsets.’

News anchor: Katie Couric was replaced on CBS Evening News by Scott Pelley who made his debut on Monday

Getaway: Katie goes to the house with her two daughters and her toyboy partner Brooks Perlin who is 17 years her junior

Dinner parties: Katie Couric enjoys inviting friends to come for meals at the Hamptons house

‘I love doing all the typical things in the Hamptons, like making dinner with friends,’ she added. ‘The minute I walk in the door here, I’m able to exhale in a way that I can never quite do in the city.”
    During the week, Katie Couric and her two daughters, Ellie and Carrie, live in an apartment worth a reported $3.2 million on Manhattan's Park Avenue.
    Her new talk show is set to launch in September 2012. In the meantime she will anchor specials and conduct interviews for ABC News.

Read more: Katie Couric shows off her lavish Hamptons home | Mail Online

lovely.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I could work with this!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Not bad at all. Pretty tastefully done.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

This is beautiful. The grounds are great, and I love the shell mirrors (I have a couple at my house, although not as large). The built-in bookshelves in the bedroom are awesome too.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Looks very soothing and pleasant.
    Cute pictures with her sister.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yea, it's cute. I'd take it I guess.

I like it. Normally I'd say too much white but the place still seems cozy.

I would spend a lot of time there!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'd be there all summer long if I owned that place. Lovely!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

you shouldn't have books in your bedroom

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    you shouldn't have books in your bedroom
    ? Her bedroom and she can install an ice cream parlor in it ,if she wants.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

no its bad for your sleep, I took all my books outta my bedroom too and all paper or cardboard - its not a design critique, just a well-being concern

fgg

so the books are sending out anti-sleep vibes?

I heard about this on the news a while back. The dust and what-not that pile up on books can cause breathing problems.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information