Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ellen Degeneres & Portia DeRossi's House For Sale

Default Ellen Degeneres & Portia DeRossi's House For Sale

They only bought the property four years ago but already Ellen DeGeneres and her wife Portia de Rossi-DeGeneres are selling up.
    The couple have put their sprawling Beverly Hills estate on the market for a whopping $60million.
    Ellen and Portia bought the main 12,000 square foot property for $29million in 2007 from Will & Grace co-creator Max Mutchnick.

Huge hacienda: Ellen DeGeneres and her wife Portia de Rossi-DeGeneres have put their sprawling Beverly Hills estate for sale for a whopping $60million

Warm: A sun room that looks out onto the gardens is another perfect spot for entertaining with a large grill and wood-burning pizza oven

The main three-bedroom home has a master suite, extensive dressing area, 'private nudity-encouraging sunbathing terrace' and an under-swimming pool space with fitness centre.
    Surrounded, by lush greenery, the low level home has several outhouses including staff quarters and guest houses and a calming pond that can house fish and other wildlife.
    Special memories: Ellen and Portia married in the back yard of the house in August 2008

The rustic open kitchen has low wooden beams and a long family style table for casual get-togethers.
    It opens out into an informal living area that has several pieces of artwork adorning the walls.
    A sun room that looks out onto the gardens is another perfect spot for entertaining with a large grill and wood-burning pizza oven. Its sunroof and large windows bring in the warm California rays.
    The property also boasts an outdoor living area with large comfy cream sofas that face out onto the back garden.
    The enviable property has underground garage space for eight or ten luxury vehicles.

In 2008, just a year after buying the property, the couple snapped up three adjacent properties so they could make their living quarters bigger and more secluded.
    They paid $8,500,000 for a house across the way on their shared driveway in January 2008. That house was soon bulldozed down to expand the grounds and open up the canyon views.
    In June 2008 they spent another $5,000,000 to purchase a third nearby property which only boasted one bedroom and three bathrooms.
    Just a month later they splashed the cash again and dropped $5,500,000 to purchase another adjacent property - this time a four-bedroom, four-bathroom house.
    It was on a hill at the back of their house which apparently had too much of a view of the comedienne and her bride and they wanted to rid themselves of neighbours to keep their home extra private.

Cosy dinner: The rustic open kitchen has low wooden beams and a long family style table for casual get-togethers

Dreamy: The property also boasts an outdoor living area with large comfy cream sofas that face out onto the back garden

The chat show host is selling the main house for $49million or the whole compound for $60million, according to Real Estalker.
    Ellen and Portia became Mrs and Mrs in the backyard of the house for sale in August 2008. They lived there with their three dogs and four cats.
    But the California home has been plagued with bad luck as it is where a 49-year-old woman was arrested after trespassing on their grounds earlier this year.
    Karen Grace Sjoden was held on February 10 by Ellen's private security before the Beverly Hills Police Department took her in after setting foot on the couple's property.
    She was released on $200,000 bail and pleaded no contest on the charges of misdemeanor trespassing.

Picturesque: The main 12,000sq ft property has a huge pond and is surrounded by lush greenery

Sjoden was later sentenced to three years probation, along with the strict order to stay away from 'both Mrs. DeGeneres'.
    Ellen and Portia have several other properties including a small apartment in Beverly Hills which they bought in late 2010 for $835,000.
    They also have a large equestrian complex in Westlake Village, California that they bought in late 2009 for $10,000,000.
    Ellen has had a lot of luck in the real estate market having bought and sold several ranches in the Santa Ynez Valley.
    In early 2006 she bought a historic property in Montecito, California for $15,750,000 which she turned around and sold in November 2007 for $20,000,000 to Google CEO Eric Schmidt.

Hollywood home must-have: A large outdoor pool with plenty of space for sunbathing is the perfect spot for the married couple to have a relaxing day together

Read more: Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi put sprawling Beverly Hills estate on the market for $60million | Mail Online

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i really like it, i like them too, i want to be Portia

I love the exterior! What a place! Where the hell are they going if they are leaving that joint??

Ellen spent years collecting the surrounding properties so she could create the most private setting possible for her and Portia. I am surprised she is willing to leave it now.

With that being said, I love the property though. It really is just lovely and, well, massive. Seems intimate at the same time which is a difficult task for a home of this size.

ellen must be a shit-fuckin millionaire man

I really like it because on second glance its really sprawling but still has a cozy feel

They have that ranch nearby they go to every week end. They love it there, maybe they decided to go full time. Portias horses are there.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

*sniffs* what a dump! *huffs out*
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

In June 2008 they spent another $5,000,000 to purchase a third nearby property which only boasted one bedroom and three bathrooms
    As an aside, who the hell would build a house with 1 bedroom and 3 bathrooms? Party house, I guess? And why would you pay 5M for it?

That is a really beautiful property. It's like a compound, very private. I am really surprised they want to sell it so soon.
    "I'm not allowed within 200 feet of a school. Or a Chuck-E-Cheese..." Alan - The Hangover

I think the stalker has a lot to do with them selling.
    it is where a 49-year-old woman was arrested after trespassing on their grounds earlier this year.
    Karen Grace Sjoden was held on February 10 by Ellen's private security before the Beverly Hills Police Department took her in after setting foot on the couple's property.
    She was released on $200,000 bail and pleaded no contest on the charges of misdemeanor trespassing. Sjoden was later sentenced to three years probation, along with the strict order to stay away from 'both Mrs. DeGeneres'.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The stalker probably freaked them the fuck out, true.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

So I'm the only one who thinks it's ugly and outdated? That living room/kitchen is hideous and that outdoor patio looks like my BFF's parents' house which was last decorated in the 80s.

omg I would loooooooooooooooooooooove a big outdoor patio and in L.A. the weather is so mild most of the time (not crazy hot like people think - thats the valleys and inland, and actually very cool at night not like in the southwest where its hot well into the night) that a patio like that looks so enjoyable and comfortable to me

You're not the only one Bella. I think the decor reeks. And I never would have thought Ellen would have a spread this huge. For one thing, I wouldn't have thought she could afford it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

yeah I'm betting the electrical bills alone each month are over $10,000 - she must've done well with her earnings, saving and/or investing wisely I guess is the only thing I can figure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information