Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ferris Bueller house up for sale‎

Default Ferris Bueller house up for sale‎

Fans of Ferris Bueller's Day Off now have a chance to get their hands on one rather large piece of memorabilia.
    A luxury home that features in the iconic '80s film is up for sale for $1.65 million.
    In the film, the 5,300 square foot residence, located in Highland Park, Illinois, was the family home of Bueller's neurotic best friend Cameron Frye.

For sale: This home in Highland Park, Illinois, which featured in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, is on the market for $1.65m
    Custom built: The glass-enclosed garage, where the character Cameron had a meltdown, was designed especially to store a collection of vintage cars

Bow bow... chicka chicka: Ferris Bueller in the famous garage scene

Eighties classic: Matthew Broderick starred as Ferris, while Alan Ruck played his neurotic best friend Cameron Frye

The character famously has a breakdown when he returns his father's Ferrari and discovers that hundreds of miles have been added to the speedometer.
    Cameron and Ferris then watch in horror as the luxury vehicle breaks through the glass garage and smashes below.
    The glass-wrapped home boasts four bedrooms, three bathrooms and features floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking trees.
    Architects A. James Speyer and David Haid designed the 1953 house.
    The glass-enclosed garage was designed especially to store a collection of vintage cars.
    The home originally went on the market in 2009 for $2.3 million.

Room with a view: The home features floor to ceiling windows which look out over trees

Minimalist: The home, built in 1953, was designed by architects A. James Speyer and David Haid

The 1986 coming-of-age comedy film stars Matthew Broderick as Ferris, a charismatic teen slacker who decides to bunk off high school and have a day of fun around Chicago.
    He encourages his girlfriend, Sloane, played by Mia Sara, and best friend, Cameron, played by Alan Ruck, to join him and hijacks ensues.

It was written and directed by the late John Hughes, who was also the man behind The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink.

Cooking up trouble: The home was the scene of plenty of high jinks in the film

Read more: Ferris Bueller home goes up for sale for $1.65m | Mail Online

I'd feel so bare that outsiders could see my every move.

And do these owners own more than 5 items FFS?!?!?
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Go Habs Go!!

I don't see how that could be 5,300 square feet with 4 bedrooms/3 baths. It looks really small in the pic.

The setting is gorgeous, though. Being in the middle of all those trees would be great.

where's the rest of it
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

this house is awesome. gorgeous. i want it so bad.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    I'd feel so bare that outsiders could see my every move.

And do these owners own more than 5 items FFS?!?!?
    You'd be totally in the woods,so I don't think that's much of an issue. Looks like the outside pics show curtains on the interior, so you would have privacy.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

loved it when i first saw the movie & i still love it.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

My Mortgage Scenario
    /month Year , Down , Points
    My Recent Rate Searches
    Payments are estimates based on overnight averages of rates from all available lenders.

Property Details

THE BEN ROSE HOME-site of the famous movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", cantilevered over the ravine, these two steel and glass buildings, which can never be duplicated, have incredible vistas of the surrounding woods. This is a unique property designed by A. James Speyer and David Haid, both notable architects of the 20th Century. Estate Sale Sold -No disclosures! This is an amazing architectural treasure.
    Beds4 bed Baths4 bath House Size5300 sq ft Lot Size1.00 Acres Price$1,650,000Price/sqft$311Property TypeSingle Family Home

Year Built1953NeighborhoodNot AvailableStyleRanchStories1Garage6Property Features
    • County: Lake
    • Area: Highland Park
    • Approximately 1 acre
    • 4 total full bath(s)
    • 9 total rooms
    • 1 stories
    • Kitchen
    • Master Bedroom is 20X18, on the Main Level, Carpet Flooring
    • Living room is 40X25, on the Main Level, Carpet Flooring, Fireplace is in the Living Room
    • Dining room is on the Main Level, Carpet Flooring, Combined with Living Room
    • Kitchen is 20X16, on the Main Level, Vinyl Flooring, Eating Area-Table Space
    • 6 car garage(s)
    • Cooling features: Cooling
    • Inclusions: Oven/Range, Oven-Double, Refrigerator
    • Approximate lot is 250X150
    • Lot size is between 1 and 2 acres
    • Utilities present: Sewer-Public
    • Parking space(s)
    • Fireplace
    • Dining room
    • Parking features: Off Street Parking, Garage Door Opener(s), Heated Garage
    • LivingRoom
    • Energy Info: ELECTRICITY: 200+ Amp Service, Circuit Breakers
    Fireplace FeaturesGas Logs, Gas StarterHeating FeaturesGasExterior ConstructionPillars Foundation, Cedar, GlassRoofingRubberInterior FeaturesIn-Law Arrangement, 2nd Bedroom is 20X13, 2nd Bedroom is on the Main Level, 2nd Bedroom has Carpet Flooring, 3rd Bedroom is 15X8, 3rd Bedroom is on the Main Level, 4th Bedroom is 10X10, 4th Bedroom is on the Main Level, Great Room is 42X35, on the Main Level, Great Room, Maid Room, Second KitchenExterior FeaturesCircular Driveway

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...5_M75005-48869

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Yea, I'd totally take that shit. ABSOLUTELY.

These photos are playing with my mind. I still don't see where all the rooms are??? Need more info! Such a cool place. Not that I have 1.6 million laying about...

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ever since I saw that movie, that house is the only house I've ever wanted. I don't like the kitchen lay out though. Seems like it would be hard to cook and entertain. But anyone got a1.68 million I could borrow.

Want. So. Much.

"I dented the shit out of it."

I love the house itself but major redecorating would be in order. Also, i bet it's a snake haven.

If anyone was tossing around the idea of snapping this house up and moving to Highland Park, Ill., it's been reduced again and is back on the market for $1.5 million.

'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' house on the market for $1.5 million - NY Daily News

It's a cool house.
    Brookie likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I love it. The only problem for me is that it's too far from a beach.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information