Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vessel Sinks....yes or no?

Default Vessel Sinks....yes or no?

We're finishing our basement and I'm trying to figure out the bathroom. I love vessel sinks but have a feeling they'll look very dated in another 5-10 years. Any input? Here are some of the things we're working with....

or:

with granite top:

or maybe this:

http://www.myluxurykitchenandbath.co...thsink_250.jpg

oops...or this

Damn, can't get the photo.... http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/420716.htm

fgg

i think they look nice but seem like they would be a cleaning nightmare with water and whatnot getting underneath the bowl where it meets the counter.

also, it takes up too much of the counter. also, i would go classic, not trendy on the remodel.

my problem is that they're usually too small - try washing your face in one without getting water everywhere. i like big sinks.
    i have a vessel sink in my current apartment and it's fine, not too small. if i actually owned this place i'd replace it with a bigger one but it's not like the really small ones i've seen.
    and yes, it's possible they will look dated in 10 years so if that's your worry, i'd go for a sunken one like in the 2nd picture you posted.
    the last one you posted a link to - i like the style (just not the green) but i think that would work well for a guest bathroom but not for a master bath or anywhere where you'll actually wash your face and stuff.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like the first one,Bella. I think they will be classic -not dated. They will always be in the minority, which is a good thing. The only thing I wash in a bathroom sink is my hands and face. How much more space do you need?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I like the first one too. I really love the glass ones.

http://www.glassvesselsinks.org/

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Love them too, but I don't like the stains when drops of water dry, especially with the hard water here
    *lazy*
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

I like them, but they are a bitch to clean.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Space isn't a huge issue (in terms of bowl/sink size). Though the bathroom is a 3/4 bath, it'll mostly be used as a half bath.

I love the glass vessels but imagine they are much harder to keep looking clean. Am I right or wrong on that?

I have a green glass vessel and looove it. The other one is nice, too. It's really all about preference.

Elite Member

Not a huge fan but I'm not into modern. When I remodeled our 2 bathrooms, I was under the impression that vessel sinks were trendy and would look dated in a few years. If you're looking at a small sink, have you considered pedestal sinks? There's a lot of different styles:

KOHLER: Product List: Sinks: Bathroom

I have the bowl sinks in my house and I personally hate them. They look so sleek and cool, but they are small, don't hold a lot of water, are a nightmare to keep clean and leave you with very little counter space (especially if you don't have a double vanity). I would go with a more modern traditional style sink if I were doing my remodel over (and I just might).

I'm actually shocked people fill their sinks up with water. I guess I just always wash my face with the water running. Weird.

Anyway, are they all hard to clean or just the clear ones?

They are pretty but I wouldn't have one unless I lived by myself - maybe it wouldn't be quite as much of a pain in the ass to clean.

<-------Hey look, two Jon Hamms in a row.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    i like this one a lot. ceramic never goes out of style and is easy to clean.
    the only time that i fill the whole sink with water, is when i have to handwash something. like you, i always wash my face with the water running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information