Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Wood's home on the market for £13 million

Default Ronnie Wood's home on the market for £13 million

Ever dreamed of living like a Rolling Stone? Well, here’s your chance to follow in the footsteps of one of rock’n’roll’s wild men... if you have £13million to spare.
    The former home of Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood has been put up for sale by his ex-wife Jo — two years after he famously walked out on her.
    The Gothic-style property has more than two acres of land and lies on the edge of Richmond Park in South-West London.

Gothic splendour: Holmwood House, with its formal gardens and organic vegetable patch, was home to Jo and Ronnie Wood

Ronnie and Jo bought the house in 1997 for just under £2million, and over the years it has hosted many lavish parties, dubbed ‘Woodfests’ by Jo. She once said the police would turn up on a regular basis — ‘they always came to tell us off’.
    And in these photographs of the property, called Holmwood House, the decadence of the Woods’ rock’n’roll lifestyle is evident.
    The mansion has seven en-suite bedrooms over three floors. There is a separate cottage, lodge, garage building and swimming pool house.

Bar-room blues: Ronnie famously used to have a pub in his home in Ireland - but this house settles for a breakfast bar with an eclectic style of its own

Jo, 55, had planned to keep the house after her 23-year marriage broke down when Ronnie, 63, left her for a Russian cocktail waitress in 2008.
    But she recently told the Mail: ‘That house needs a big family with lots of kids running around. I don’t use most of it.’
    Last night, the property was said already to be under offer.

Greenhouse effect: The vast conservatory is perfect for summer parties - Holmwood House frolics were legendary... with revellers and the police

Kitchen sink drama: The main kitchen - one of three in the property - has a pressed tin ceiling, stone flooring, larder and a walk-in refrigerator

Fit for a lounge lizard: A huge picture of Marilyn Monroe dominates the colourful sitting room, with its wooden floors, elaborate chandeliers and medley of velvet sofas

Oh, what a knight: Live like the lord of the manor with a reception hall that is also the formal living room - and a suit of armour as protection in case you annoy the missus

Make a splash: As well as featuring the obligatory rock star swimming pool, there's also a whirlpool bath, sauna and steam room - perfect for a little off-stage relaxation

Strange bedfellow: One of the three larger bedrooms features Kate Moss depicted as Myra Hindley in her police mugshot in a portrait by British artist Russell Young

Game on: The snooker room has a beamed ceiling, fireplace, and raised seating area. Snooker fan Ronnie was infamously a regular drinking partner of player Jimmy White

Satisfaction en suite: Another of the main bedrooms has a boudoir with a magnificent canopied copper bath - and one of the 19 loos to be found around the house

Read more: Rolling Stone's party palace yours for £13m | Mail Online

That place is horrible. You couldn't pay me to live there.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Digging the indoor pool.....

I like it. Some redecorating and I'm there.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A*O

You'd have to pay another 13mil to redecorate it.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I love it. The indoor pool is a bit much (I prefer outdoor pools) and I'd have to redecorate this room with its fireplace monstrosity

but the rest is perfect. I love the stonework esp. the flooring, and I LOVE that canopied copper bathtub in particular, that's something I could really get used to. The redecorating is easy as it wouldn't come with the furniture.

Gold Member

Hideous. Looks like they let preschoolers decorate it.

Not a fan, reclaimed wood in a victorian house just rubs against the grain with me....
    Free Charmed.

It's a complete shit hole!

It's kind of hideous, I must say. The random purple in each room sticks out like a sore thumb. That said, there are a few pieces that I like. The copper tub, the ice box in the kitchen, and the nightstand in the bedroom are nice.

ETA: the toilet in the last pic is weird!

Hate the decorating mostly, but I love the rooms and the house itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctora Pepper View Post
    It's kind of hideous, I must say. The random purple in each room sticks out like a sore thumb. That said, there are a few pieces that I like. The copper tub, the ice box in the kitchen, and the nightstand in the bedroom are nice.

ETA: the toilet in the last pic is weird!
    Its just a period piece. I guess you've never seen a decorated toilet before? They look like this with a high cystern.
    or this (installed, in need of an update)
    Then the porcelain looks like this....

Sinks would match too, some are quite pretty.

If you wnat to see more, check out this website. Look at Vics Victorian Toilet made in Holland from FAMOUS PLUMBING SUPPLY
    Free Charmed.

I've seen the high cistern toilets before in old Punch cartoons, but I always spent more time looking at the top part and figuring out how it worked then ever looking at the bottom part. Thanks for the info!

Ah! They're just the same as close coupled cisterns (i.e. modern ones) with a longer joining pipe. Look at it this way, in Victorian times they would use gravity to get a better flush..... It was all done from mains water pressure, the cistern would fill from the (reasonable) high pressure mains, then when the handle was pulled it was a much cruder (but very similar) system that flushed all the waste away.

I can't believe I know this much about how toilets work.....
    Free Charmed.

I see, I see. I've only lived in modern houses. I'll have to inspect the toilets more carefully the next time I'm in an antique house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information