Thread: A three-bedroom home in Mississippi

Default A three-bedroom home in Mississippi

Anne McQuary for The New York Times
    A three-bedroom, three-bath house in a gated community is on the market in Jackson, Miss., for $349,000.

Properties for $350,000 - Slide Show - NYTimes.com

um no. boring suburbia.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Good god. Who decorated this?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

pick a decade, jesus

it looks like one of those family feedbag restaurants with a bunch of crazy shit on the walls
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Nope. Several decades of bad taste all in one home, ugh.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

The house would be nice without the paint, furniture, and all the decor.

Actually the interior is pretty much what you will see inside a house in this range. Not awful really, but actually pretty realistic. It may not be great, but it is very liveable IMO. It is more like a 'real' interior(as opposed to an idealized interior) than most posted on here.

But..I HATE the exterior-the fake sorta French Provincial shit-suburban look. My least favorite cookie cutter housing development style-almost as bad as a straigh up Mansard roof house. UGH!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I'd just live in the bathroom.

The place would be okay with some new furniture and if it wasn't in Mississippi.

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Actually the interior is pretty much what you will see inside a house in this range. Not awful really, but actually pretty realistic. It may not be great, but it is very liveable IMO. It is more like a 'real' interior(as opposed to an idealized interior) than most posted on here.

But..I HATE the exterior-the fake sorta French Provincial shit-suburban look. My least favorite cookie cutter housing development style-almost as bad as a straight up Mansard roof house. UGH!
    I lived in the Jackson area in a former life, and that look was very popular in the more upscale suburbs. If that's in the town I think it's in (I think this is Madison, a suburb outside Jackson), they have some of the most insane zoning laws in the country, and lots of bricked-up buildings with all sorts of faux-adornments. Some of the locals (who can be quite snotty and have an incredibly inflated sense of self-worth) were gushing over how the Walmart had columns. Never mind the columns are friggin plastic. But considering this is Mississippi we're talking about, it is a nice suburb and a nice place to raise a family. I just wouldn't live in the state again if I can help it.

Maybe the first picture can prove that not everyone in Mississippi lives in beat-up, rusty trailers, and yes, there are paved roads
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; March 18th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I lived in the Jackson area in a former life, and that look was very popular in the more upscale suburbs. If that's in the town I think it's in (I think this is Madison, a suburb outside Jackson), they have some of the most insane zoning laws in the country, and lots of bricked-up buildings with all sorts of faux-adornments. Some of the locals (who have an incredibly inflated sense of self-worth) were gushing over how the Walmart had columns. Never mind the columns are friggin plastic. But considering this is Mississippi we're talking about, it is a nice suburb and a nice place to raise a family. I just wouldn't live in the state again if I can help it.

Maybe the first picture can prove that not everyone in Mississippi lives in trailers, and yes, there are paved roads
    I remember watching one of those real estate shows..and it was two Mississippi gay guys who wanted to buy a house-they wanted room for their dogs to play, for the one to garden, and they had to have a nice kitchen and a two car attached garage. And the house had to look like this one-the fake ugly pseudo French Provincial shit. And I am SURE they were looking in Madison and ended up getting one there.

Every house they looked at looked like this-dominated by a huge garage of course and ugly as hell. WHY is that style so popular there?

..and... uh...I do live in a trailer. Proof that trailertrash is alive and well outside of Mississippi.

It also sounds like they should change the name of that town to "Madysyn"
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Gross decorating, but I love the house itself, minus the huge garage in the front.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I remember watching one of those real estate shows..and it was two Mississippi gay guys who wanted to buy a house-they wanted room for their dogs to play, for the one to garden, and they had to have a nice kitchen and a two car attached garage. And the house had to look like this one-the fake ugly pseudo French Provincial shit. And I am SURE they were looking in Madison and ended up getting one there.

Every house they looked at looked like this-dominated by a huge garage of course and ugly as hell. WHY is that style so popular there?

..and... uh...I do live in a trailer. Proof that trailertrash is alive and well outside of Mississippi.

It also sounds like they should change the name of that town to "Madysyn"

As for why the French Provincial look is so popular there? Beats me. I guess the proximity to New Orleans (it's about a 3 hr drive South) has it's influence. I can stand the Neo-Colonial/Neo-Georgian style that seems to dominate the area I'm in now, but i guess to each their own.

There are some nice mobile homes out there, but the stereotypes about Mississippi are so pervasive and annoying. I was glad to leave the state, but I do admit I'd get offended when people would ask the STUPIDEST questions about the place and they had never been there.

The decor in this house is quite horrid though, but I like the bathroom. Puke green should NEVER be considered as a color in a kitchen, LOL.
    Posted from my iPhone

Meh, boring.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Thread Information