Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delfin & Postigo house in Madrid

Default Delfin & Postigo house in Madrid

// artworks by Naia del Castillo, Luis Macias, Diane Arbus, Wolfgang Tillmans
    // table Lamp by Maison Martin Margiela
    // chair by Charlotte Perriand
    Photo © Manolo Yllera

We wanted to commence 2010 with a residence encompassing a strong unique quality in both the design and the aesthetic domain. A residence capturing the meaning of essence and symbolism. As we always aim to please (never giving up until we reach perfection) our search was successfully over when we came across the Delfin & Postigo house. This project is the epitome of our vision and we are proud to present it as our first residential project of this year.
    Photo © Manolo Yllera
    Residence in Madrid were the Spanish duo, fashion designer David Delfin and photographer Gorka Postigo reside. The marriage of these two individuals under one roof is the epitome of sexual elegance. David Delfin is famous for designing garments which extenuate the body giving femininity and sex -appeal for his fashion brand davidelfin. Gorka Postigo is an architect (AKAstudio) turned photographer whose work is expressed through the exploration of nudity and emotions through the human existence.
    // artworks by Louise Bourgeois and Dora Postigo
    (Gorka's daughter in law, who painted those drawings when she was 3 years old)
    Photo © Manolo Yllera
    Their residence may be perceived as offensive or censored to certain ages by some, but to us it is honest and artistic. Expression of a certain life style is as mandatory and healthy as expression of speech. The minute you enter this house you appreciate that its owners are comfortable with who they are and express it with no inhibitions. The combination of the photographic art works together with the 1940’s - 1960’s furniture items create a language that expresses a historical modernity combined with the sexual frustration of the present.
    Photo © Manolo Yllera
    The pure white floor and walls express a naiveté and purity which control the dynamism of the artworks. Artworks by famous photographers & artists such as Juergen Teller, Diane Arbus, Wolfgang Tillmans, Juan Gatti and of course Gorka Postigo. This is maintained throughout the residence retaining the strong symbolism through the decorative elements. On the ground floor there is simplicity to all the living room furniture which contrasts with the bench like coffee table. The leather upholstery on the robust bulk frame gives a kinky element to the bench which contrasts with the surroundings.
    // artworks by Gorka Postigo
    // chairs by Charlotte Perriand
    Photo © Manolo Yllera

These quirks exist throughout the residence with a prime example being the dining chairs. Famous for their leather detailing in this residence there is an S&M appeal to them which almost make you want to climb on the table and be adored under the lights while having an audience facing you from the artworks. The decorative lighting in this residence plays an important role to the artistic and retro contribution. The floor lamps act as sculptural elements and the ceiling pendants are dominant to the space hanging from the mezzanine ceiling. One of the great features of this residence is the detailed artistic elements of the furniture. Elements such as the handles of the cabinet module and the storage compartments of the console table highlighting the strong presence of the 60’s.
    // floor Lamp Serge Mouille
    Photo © Manolo Yllera
    // artworks by Juergen Teller
    Photo © Manolo Yllera
    // artworks by Louise Bourgeois, Gorka Postigo, Silvia Prada, Tom of Finland, William Eggleston
    Photo © Manolo Yllera

// artworks by Louise Bourgeois, Gorka Postigo, Silvia Prada, Tom of Finland, William Eggleston
    Photo © Manolo Yllera
    Photo © Manolo Yllera

// artwork by Juan Gatti
    Photo © Manolo Yllera
    // table by Pierre Paulin
    // chair by Jean Prouve
    // carpet by davidelfin
    Photo © Manolo Yllera

Delfin-Postigo house welcomes 2010 | yatzer | Design Architecture Art Fashion +more
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love the space and the leather dining chairs. I know one of the co-owners is an architect and all, but I hate the artwork. I wouldn't have most of that crap in my house. I wouldn't be able to sleep.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I hate the art too, I like the idea of a mezzanine

I am sorry-the artwork made me giggle. Nope,couldn't have it around. Although,I would get quite a kick from the expressions on visitors faces...Just a trifle naughty.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i like the mezzanine, too.
    and i must have the serge mouille floorlamp (the one in the living room) and jean prouvé's standard chair, two of my favourite designers.

A*O

The disturbing psycho artwork belongs to a serial killer, especially the casts of deformed foetuses and the hangman's noose over the bed.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Nicely done, but too much of the same. It looks like they did one stop shopping at Design Within Reach. And not a cozy, comfortable chair or sofa in the whole place. That's what gets me when architects decorate. Some rooms always look like waiting areas in banks or public lobby's. I know I'd smash my leg on the bed every night.

If you threw out most of that artwork I'd like this.

To keep: the pez container collection along the wall in the next to last pic. I love those bathroom mirrors. And the dining table.

A*O I actually thought the "dead fetuses" pic in the hangman noose bedroom was a vag. But maybe that's just the first thing I see having looked at so many people on their back with their legs spread (and pics in medical books with that view).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

A*O

I mean the foetus pastercast "busts" in pic #3
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^^
    lol i like those. and i want the cabinet they're on.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

i love the deformed foetuses, too. they're cool.
    on second thought, i think i would also 'borrow' that vile green lamp next to the bed. it's not as pretty as the one i've got but they'd go together nicely.

I like the space but it WAY to white. I need a little color on the wall or floor to break it up.

I actually love the artwork, mostly the photographs though. How strikingly absurd they are sprinkled with just a hint of scandel. I love photos of naked, average looking people, it is so much more interesting than the model, gym worked bodies of most muses.

There are some nice pieces of furniture, but it's very repetitive.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

the artwork with peoples "faces" freaks me out. I've seen naked men, so that doesn't bother me... but those deformed babies and heads that appear to be on backward and shit... couldn't do it!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information