Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AcrylPro ceramic tile adhesive SUCKS ASS

Default AcrylPro ceramic tile adhesive SUCKS ASS

Keywords: Acrylpro Acryl Pro Home Depot sucks blows piece of shit waste of money ruined just wasted days of my life liars bastards scum sucking bottom feeders pricks morons adhesive not setting still wet tiles fall off

Attention any DIYers:

Do NOT buy this product unless you check out the reviews and endless forums of people complaining and are still willing to risk it. I wish I had known.

The crap is just as wet two days later as when it was first applied. Apparently, it will never dry underneath a tile. Putting a tile over it is like putting the lid on the bucket because this shit needs air to cure.

Home Depot employees push this garbage with a straight face.

I'm going to have to take down all the tiles in the bathroom and wash this poo off them to try to save and reuse them then scrape and wash down the walls in the shower stall. Then I'm going somewhere else and getting the proper stuff and doing this right. According to the people on the forums, if it comes in a bucket, don't use it. This stuff will also dissolve if it gets wet so cleaning the tiles for reuse is going to be easy but bad idea for a product to be used in any area that might get wet.

Waste of money. Waste of my time. May everybody manufacturing and pushing this stuff die in a fire. Bastards.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I wish you'd tell us how you feel Twitchy. Best rant ever.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I'm holding back. Really, I'm so fucking furious. How can Home Depot recommend this stuff? I've tiled before with ceramic and with stone. I've done floors, counter tops, walls and tub surrounds. For an amateur, I know what I'm doing! Every job until now has turned out beautifully.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

can't you take it back and bitchslap them for pushing this shit and get a refund? it won't make up for the frustration and hours of hard work but it's the least they could do.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm going to try. I'm also going to have to try really hard not to channel Mr Furious from Mystery Men even though my power does come from my boundless rage.

-- Stephen Hawking

Damn, that sucks. Tiling is such a hard job, I might literally go insane if this happened to me.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

They damn well better give you your money back Twitchy, that's bullshit
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Twitchy, I looked up the product. You'll be happy to know that your headline is on the bottom of the first page of Google. A big SUCKS ASS, so that's good!

Does this look like the manufacturer? Should we all write scathing letters? I hate bad home products.

AcrylPro(R) :: Architects & Specification Writers :: Custom Building Products

That's the crap. The good news is the tiles came off and cleaned up easily so I can at least reuse those. Of course, the bad news is also that the tiles came off and cleaned up easily because they shouldn't. The bucket says that it can be used in shower areas and for tiles up to 12" square but I think they're lying. I wonder what the testing conditions are in order to be rated as acceptable for those conditions? I should not be able to bump a tile that's been on the wall for four days and have it come off with the adhesive in exactly the same condition as when I applied it. It dries between the tiles but if moistened with a damp cloth, it instantly goes gummy again.

-- Stephen Hawking

Bronze Member

Twitcy - I am in the same boat now. HD recommended the Acryl Pro adhesive. We began installing our tiles in a shower on a kerdi waterproof membrane and by accident came across several reviews pointing out that the tiles will fall off once the water hits it. The tiles we have installed have been up for a couple days. Do you have any tips on how to remove the adhesive from the walls? Will it scrap off or should we wet it?
    Thanks for any tips!

Home Depot sucks - there are threads dating back to 2004 complaining about Acryl Pro and yet they still recommend it. Terrible.

Sorry. Just seeing your post now. I wet and scraped. Terrible how easily it came off. On the plus side the bathroom is lovely now and has been for the past year. I used a thinset when I reapplied the tiles and it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. Simple mix and apply in small batches I could work with. I'm never getting the goop in the bucket ever again.

-- Stephen Hawking

did they ever give you your money back?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bronze Member

I took everything down and the tiles came off the waterproof membrane very easily. The mastic was still wet and gooey so could scrap it off the membrane no problem. Only problem was the mesh on the 13x13 tiles (a mosaic of about 10 smaller travertine tiles) could not be cleaned (the glue came loose once in the water for cleaning). So I was left with 20 useless tiles covered in goo. I called HD and the manager not only replaced the ruined tiles, he gave us a refund for them! Almost made up for the two days of lost work and preparation.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

hey thanks for letting us know Twitch!

Sorry you had to do the job over too Wildroze. Fingers crossed that it's smooth sailing from here on in. It's maddening that you can do everything right and something doesn't work. And it's just slimy that a company can continue to market a product that they know doesn't work.

I am tickled pink though that this thread is number 2 in the Google search results. Hopefully it can save some people some aggravation.

-- Stephen Hawking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information