Thread: Before & after: Kitchen

not a fan of the uber distressed chairs and the wall paper gives me the dizzy's but I like the after kitchen
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

Cabinets, people!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

The cabinets were nice before.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

i love the look of those open shelves in place of cabinets, but they really aren't too practical; i learned this in the condo that i recently moved from. things just get way too dusty. i am really digging the slate refrigerator surfaces.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

They like chalk boards don't they?

^^yeah, they do, lynnie.

i think that would be like every kids dream..."YAY, mom says that we can write on the fridge!"
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

I went to school with the girl whose kitchen that is. I thought it looked familiar then I clicked on the link and saw her blog...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Open kitchen shelving kinds skeeves me out. I can only imagine the amount of dust and dog fur that would live on my plates. Ew.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

I am fond of cabinets.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Well the before kitchen was just...oppressive..so boring and those dark cabinets were just too..much..too looming and large. I would have compromised between the two looks. Keep some of the cabinets, have some open shelving. I think both looks were too 'extreme' in opposite directions. Or paint the cabinets if you must, while removing some.

I must admit those dark cabinets looming in that sparse stark kitchen had a 'funereal' look to them.

And..I hate white in kitchens(as in ALL white3 kitchens or 90% white kitchens. Unless you want to clean and scrub every damn day. Damn fn you must use white use it high up at least, or use it creatively to 'open up' and brighten a space..but all white kitchens make me almost.... violent!

I absolutely would have gotten rid of the long dark cabinets-damn they are about only a foot above the counter top! WTF? Made it look cramped as hell. Just take those out and put in some lighter open shelving, some color..
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Elite Member

This shelving instead of cupboards thing has to end soon.

i have a mix of shelves and cabinets in my kitchen and i love it. not sure i'd want all shelves though - the stuff you don't use every day would get pretty dusty.
    still, the 'after' is so much better than the horrid 'before' picture. i absolutely detest that kind of cabinet, especially in dark wood.
    i don't particularly like the wallpaper but it doesn't bother me too much, though i would prefer if it were only on one wall. i'd have to get rid of the potted plants on the table too, that's just stupid and it would make eating on that table a pain in the ass since you'd have to remove them every damn time.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

They should have lightened up the cabinets to a non-coffin color instead of going for the shelving, where everything will be a dust and bug collector. Even if you kept up with the massive dusting task, cooking oils permeate through the air, and can leave a greasy film on every surface slowly over time. What a maintenance nightmare.

And maybe it's because I'm in earthquake zone, but the open shelving is just plain dangerous! That kid should be wearing a helmet.

Thread Information