Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Martha Stewart secret appreciation thread

Default The Martha Stewart secret appreciation thread

So, turn out we have a few secret Martha Stewart fans here... so I thought that we could all take turns posting our fave things....

I've known about her for years (since living in SoCa), she's not as well known in the UK, but last time I was in hospital I took a copy of Vanity Fair with me & they had a picture of her desk.... I loved it, so I thought that I'd share it with you.
    I dunno about the big tv (I presume its to be watched from the room, not the desk...) but I loved the shelves & the arrangement of them.

Free Charmed.

I really like her. Apparently she only requires 4 hours of sleep & gets more done while we are sleeping. This is why I love her:
    Hard working but really is a home maker.
    Loves her pets dearly.
    Makes ordinary things nice & can insprire you to tackle things you would not have dreamed of: painting,organizing,baking,entertaining,gardening, flower arranging,crafts,scrapbooks-whatever!
    She worked hard even in childhood-not as a drudge,but as a joy.
    Oh! I like her soft color pallet,too.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i like her, too.
    my favourite episode is the one where she shows us how to sweep the floors. that cracked me up.
    i also like to watch the cooking segments. she makes some great looking dishes.

I love Martha Stewart. I don't have a favorite article or episode, though. She always has great tips and ideas and I love a lot of her recipes. I just made two flower pinatas from one of her magazines for my wedding. They turned out great.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

Zee

Control freaks of the world unite.

I like and think her show is funny as hell. Best episode ever was with Snoop Dog pushing his booze and making mashed potatoes.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

I miss her stuff at Kmart. About 8 years ago she had these really beautiful and soft quilts. Macy's has it but for as much as you pay for it; not as nice as what was sold at Kmart.

Another Martha lover. I love her recipes, I just got her cupcake book and granted some are a little over the top for anyone normal, the ones I've tried were not insanely hard and had fabulous results. My favourite is a lemon yogurt one, sliced into 3 and layered with raspberry preserves and dusted powdered sugar. Bliss!

I don't watch her show or read her mag, but I've had a few personal encounters with her. She's a very pretty woman, much more so in person than I had thought from seeing her on tv or in photos.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

The title should be the Official Martha Stewart Stepford Biddies Fan Club.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Or OMSSB. And we don't care!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i'm disorganised and not very domestic but i still love me some martha.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^ LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I don't watch her show or read her mag, but I've had a few personal encounters with her. She's a very pretty woman, much more so in person than I had thought from seeing her on tv or in photos.
    Was she nice or a bitch? I've read stuff that she can be a bitch to her staff - but is that "driven" if she'd been male?

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    The title should be the Official Martha Stewart Stepford Biddies Fan Club.
    You're just an undomesticated, shop-bought-cup-cake-eating bitter jealous fattie! LOL!
    Free Charmed.

Why yes, yes I am.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

*sympathetically* But thats ok, because with a little help you too can turn this plain shop-bought cupcake into something wonderful & nearly-as-good-as-homemade
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

Was she nice or a bitch? I've read stuff that she can be a bitch to her staff - but is that "driven" if she'd been male?

ain't it the truth?

she was very pleasant. granted, they were superficial encounters, two involving a charity, and one in a restaurant. but she seemed to remember us from the charity functions when we ran into her at the restaurant.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information