Thread: Any other knitters around here?

Default Any other knitters around here?

Anyone else on GR a yarn ho? I learnt to knit and crochet from my mum and nan, and love it. My fingers feel twitchy if there's not some work in progress in my handbag.

I tend to knit from really old patterns, mainly because that's the style I learned from - or at least, those are the patterns Mum taught me to read. I struggle to understand more modern patterns, but I'm getting there. I love Knitty.com! Great stuff.

I think the thing I love most is that while I knit to relax and for enjoyment, there's always something new to learn, some new challenge to master. I'm in the midst of making this one and am slightly shitting myself about the impending prospect of arm holes and neck detail on circular needles (only conquered circular knitting a year ago or so).
    Knitty: Winter 2006 - editor

I knit a lot of baby stuff, because it's instant knitting gratification - booties take bugger all time, ditto smaller jackets, jumpers, beanies, etc. Nice and easy. It's always good to be able to give someone something hand knit for their new bub too I just got back in touch with a high school friend, I saw on Facebook that she's had a bub and sent her something for the little one. She sent me back a letter and some photos, which was really nice - it was good to get a 'real letter' rather than just email!

I love crocheting, but cannot read crochet patterns to save myself. Nan taught me how to crochet by just sort of freestyling. I can do blankets and stuff really well, but I'm trying to learn how to do more structured things. Stitch n Bitch's crochet book (The Happy Hooker) is pretty good for this.

Nothing more elaborate than a scarf I'm afraid but I've been eyeing some really lovely yarn in sea colours of blues and greens and thinking I should teach myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassiness View Post
    My fingers feel twitchy
    OMG so that's what that was! Pervert!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

i knit. i haven't made anything in a few months but i should get back to it.

that reminds me, didn't we already have a thread about this or am i imagining things?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Not sure. I was assuming it'd pop up with a "similar threads include" if there was, and it didn't.

If there is an existing thread, then Mods can move this to there

don't worry, the search thing is fucked.

found it!
    it's a really old thread though, don't know if the mods want to merge them.

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/aft...pe-people.html
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information