Thread: Searching for an Asthma-free zone

Default Searching for an Asthma-free zone

After searching for a home that would lessen their younger son's asthma, Jari and Selene Tovar found he could breath freely in New York. So the Tovars moved their family, Julius, 13; Leiya, 5; and Noah, 7, into a five-bedroom rental in the West Village for $15,000 a month.

Searching for an Asthma-Free Zone - The New York Times > Real Estate > Slide Show > Slide 11 of 12

15 grand a month? That's just fucking ridiculous.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I like it but $15K a month? Shit, couldn't they buy a house just as nice with the same or smaller mortgage payment? Good lord....
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

^^^
    that's new york. and for a five-bedroom, it actually seems pretty reasonable.
    i agree for that price it's ridiculous to rent, you might as well buy but who knows, maybe they aren't planning on staying for long, or maybe one of them works for a company that pays for their rent. in geneva, where rents are about as ridiculous as the ones in new york, multinationals pay the rent for their execs, a lot of times in the tens of thousands.

it's a great space, really gorgeous. but the way it's decorated is so plain and boring and safe. i hate the bathroom and the kitchen, they're very boring suburbia.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

If it was my place, I would definitely funrnish it differently.

I wonder what the hell this guy does for a living? Cause for what they're paying a month I think they're doing good to afford the furniture in that joint. If he's got a normal job with merely an inflated pay scale to reflect the area then maybe I can afford more than Miami (which is ridiculously overpriced enough).

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^ No way. Salaries here are skewed to the cost of living, but not on that level.

He must have a very good job, whatever it is.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Surely they could afford to buy!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^^
    that's why i'm thinking his or her job probably pays the rent. cause it's ridiculous to pay that much in rent if you're paying out of pocket.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Less than a year of that rent could buy you a pretty good sized 5BR abode here in good ole Mississippi (that I'm about to wave farewell to).

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

^Good for you, MrsDark! Are you going to move to another part of the country, or stay in the south?
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I'm going further south, Miami. Awesome place to live, but way more expensive. Fortunately, still do-able with the pay increase. But still ridiculous enough to make me bitch and moan occasionally.

congrats! when is the big move?
    i know it's more expensive, but you get the benefit of living in a real city, with awesome restaurants and architecture and heaps of culture. it's why people put up with higher rents and reduced space and higher cost of living in cities like new york and london.

In a few weeks. And I know I'll love it for all the reasons you mentioned and then some. Every time we've been there I never wanted to leave, could seriously see us staying, etc. Resigned myself to higher costs of living. But that 15 grand a month still practically made my eyes bug out like a Tom and Jerry cartoon.

Thread Information