Thread: What is your favorite room? And, why?

Elite Member

Default What is your favorite room? And, why?

My favorite room is my bedroom. I like it's cozy womblike feel and it has all my books, and candles, music and stuff in it. I especially love my bed, the sheets and the coverlet, and even the pillows! I have it decorated a la shabby chic, the palest pink and ivory, with pale green and lilac touches. Naturally it is cluttered with all manner of Victoriana. I am at my happiest when I'm tucked up in that room late in the evening - I just love it.

Here's a pretty good example of a shabby chic bedroom:

I want to see the picture!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i can't see the pic!!!

in my current flat, my favourite rooms are the living and dining rooms, mostly because they are the only ones that i'm almost done decorating (though i still have a couple of pictures that i have to get framed so i can hang them), and i think they turned out pretty well.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

my room aka the place where i store paper.

it's decorated in a modern/antique light and more dark wood combo with sleek black accents throughout and with too many plants.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I want to see the picture!!
    Okay, I'll look for it - if i cant find it put "shabby chic bedroom" in google images, it's the first picture

Wow! This is so beautiful! No wonder it is your favorite. What color is your coverlet-or is it white wth the pale colors on top?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

my coverlet is pale pink and ivory, with satin ribbon touches and pale pink roses and rosettes embroidered here and there.

But what is your favorite room and why, McJag (and others)?
    Last edited by Chimera; May 8th, 2009 at 02:20 AM. Reason: added stuff

Here is the problem-I really can't say which ONE. We just moved here 2 years ago,brand new but with character.
    I love the entryway-open,diagonal stone tiles in natural browns, and you can see all the way through the big living room windows to the back yard,all green with my crape myrtle trees blooming white,red blooming roses. It is warm,welcoming and peaceful.
    My dining room-not closed in like my old one-just one long wall with 2 matching china cabinets side by side,that appear to be one. I have to have this,my Hubby's Mom left him 24 full place settings of Wedgewood-right down to finger bowls. Dark hardwood floors. Foryer window right by-with full view of blue hydranga bushes first,scarlet roses behind those.
    I love this whole house. I think having learned from past mistakes,I finally got everything right! I use this test: I love it as I go off to bed,and when I wake up it all makes me instantly happy!

Elite Member

^^that's very nice - loving everything! It sounds serene and elegant.

Thread Information