Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: You'd sure make a great Gatsby, Brad Pitt!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah gwynnie is fug as can be and talentless to boot!

Elite Member

Brad's always been reminiscent of Redford. I believe that's why Redford hand picked him for the character in his 1992 movie "A River Runs Through It".

Here's another Pitt/Redford comparison

Though Redford was handsome in The Great Gatsby, I thought he looked his sexiest in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Brad would be able to easily pull of this look.

yeah fuckin' brad has been trying to be robert for years now

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Brad's always been reminiscent of Redford. I believe that's why Redford hand picked him for the character in his 1992 movie "A River Runs Through It".

Here's another Pitt/Redford comparison

Though Redford was handsome in The Great Gatsby, I thought he looked his sexiest in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Brad would be able to easily pull of this look.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah fuckin' brad has been trying to be robert for years now
    Trying to emulate somebody doesn't make you his double. Pitt is like an Elvis impersonator: copy the haircolor and hairstyle, assume the same body language and other idiosyncrasies and you "look" like somebody. Well, you don't. You just remind people of that other person, simply because the attempt is so "in your face". Physically, Pitt resembles Del Toro much more than Redford. Stylistically he, especially in the past, has tried to resemble Redford. But then, we have also established he more or less physically morphed into his lovers, as well
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

If Redford and Benicio could have a love child, Brad Pitt would be it.

^ yeah i hate it when he does that thing with his eyes and lower lip that Robert used to/still does - like when Robert's eyes get all big and expressive but still maintain a masculine composure while gazing at/studying a lady he's opposite of. I can't explain it very well but you might get what i mean he's still beautiful too; i see him all the time on those Sundance commercials and environmental commercials.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Trying to emulate somebody doesn't make you his double. Pitt is like an Elvis impersonator: copy the haircolor and hairstyle, assume the same body language and other idiosyncrasies and you "look" like somebody. Well, you don't. You just remind people of that other person, simply because the attempt is so "in your face". Physically, Pitt resembles Del Toro much more than Redford. Stylistically he, especially in the past, has tried to resemble Redford. But then, we have also established he more or less physically morphed into his lovers, as well
    I can't see a resemblance to Del Toro and I don't know that Brad's ever intentionally tried to emulate Redford either. (I'm not sure you were responding to my post there or AliceinWonderland's). I said he was simply reminiscent of him which is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosamund View Post
    Gwynnie's height is pretty hotly debated on celebheights. Other eyewitnesses have said she is no more than 5-7, and that would make mr Pitt 5-8...
    lol... come on, there is no way he's that short, even if you compare him to Angelina or anyone else standing by him.

5'8 is short, I think people would have noticed EVERYONE, including most women, being taller than Brad Pitt - unless I am to believe he's sporting 5 - 6 inch lifts.

Next, people will be saying he's as tall as Verne Troyer!

Rosamund

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    lol... come on, there is no way he's that short, even if you compare him to Angelina or anyone else standing by him.

5'8 is short, I think people would have noticed EVERYONE, including most women, being taller than Brad Pitt - unless I am to believe he's sporting 5 - 6 inch lifts.

Next, people will be saying he's as tall as Verne Troyer!
    lol I understand your skepticism.

Over on celebheights they debate Pitt's height endlessly; same with Angelina...

funny, I dont think of 5'8 being that short for a guy. Average height for men in the United States is 5'9; 5'4 is average for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosamund View Post
    lol I understand your skepticism.

Over on celebheights they debate Pitt's height endlessly; same with Angelina...

funny, I dont think of 5'8 being that short for a guy. Average height for men in the United States is 5'9; 5'4 is average for women.
    Well, me being close to 5'8 and loving high heels waaaaaaay too much (I can reach over 6 feet in some of my heels), 5'8 for a guy seems alittle too short - for me anyway.

It's difficult to feel.... dainty... with a guy who's the same size as you are

Rosamund

Well, me being close to 5'8 and loving high heels waaaaaaay too much (I can reach over 6 feet in some of my heels), 5'8 for a guy seems alittle too short - for me anyway.

Hadn't thought about high heels... I see what you mean...

Hit By Ban Bus!

one thing they have in common: they are both terrible actors. robert redford in the great gatsby gives new meaningness to wooden. brad in most anything is limp. the sex scenes between him and ang in mr and mrs smith were cringy. i'm in a good mood. i am.

Good Lawd - I would tower over most celebrity men! Thankfully Ryan Reynolds is nice and tall for me. I could wear heels all the time with him.

As for Brad - blah, bland and booorrrring! His looks, his acting, everything. His body looked very nice in Thelma and Louise and I have to admit to liking his character in that movie he did with Anthony Hopkins, but he's not a stunner in my book. I've never seen what the hoopla is all about.

I hear you. At 5'10", my prerequisite for a man has always been "Can he drag me out of a fire?" Little, short guys need not apply. LOL.

Well, I like BOTH Redford and Pitt.
    They have created cult movies and I think they are better than some pansy actors you see being hailed as the next big thing ; As Gylenhaaaalalalalaal (sorry, couldn't stop myself!), Bloom,Will Smith and so on.
    Depp is similar to Brad - they both took risky projects many times, he is not that great as Redford, in my humble opinion (yes, even Depp is NOT that a great actor, truth be told,even if I like him!)
    ----------------------

Respect is given when respect is deserved.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information