Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima a virgin

Default Re: Victoria Secret model Adriana Lima a virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by britlitgal
    i think it's funny that you guys don't think she could be a virgin just because she has posed nude. my sis-in-law was a model, and i can tell you that she has said that after a certain point, you just don't care about being nude anymore. you don't care who sees you. kinda like when you're pregnant and going to the OB every month, then every week, ceases to become a big deal and you don't care who sees the hooha.

modelling is a profession, and adriana has done so much of it that i am sure she just detaches herself from the image that she portrays in the shoot. she has to, in order to be flexible for the different images and tones of various shoots. some are more sexy, some are more serious...it's her job. it would be like saying she must also really be an angel since she wears wings for the VS runway show.
    IMO why would one be virgin? its either due to religious reasons or shyness. If its for religious reasons, then getting all nude like that is also despicable and i dont think she wont follow one but will embrace the other. When you strip down it means you have no shyness in you, that's how i see it. The only reason someone will go nude is to allure or to show off their bodies. Its not to be compared with pregnant ladies going to the OB because in their case its neccessary and they can't have it other way. There are many models who dont go naked as much as she does. Of course this is my opinion.
    Last edited by Karizma; March 15th, 2006 at 10:28 AM.

I applaud anyone who remains a virgin because they wish to save themselves for Mr. or Mrs. Right. Seriously. Since the sexual revolution especially, (sexual) morals have been sliding to the level of alley cats or jackrabits. Where virginity was once a virtue, it - in many corners of society - became a source of mockery, and promescuety became the new "norm".
    I'm far from being a prude but, like the decision for women whether to have children or not, I think their choice to remain virgins simply out of conviction and not (necessarily) some religious or cultural code, until THEY feel they can or should "give" themselves completely, is admirable and it really wouldn't be a bad thing if it became more common again.
    Away with peer pressure amongst teens, resulting in unplanned teenage pregnancies. Away with "accidental" pregnancies, resulting in abortions when they do not fit in a young woman's "life plan" (BTW I'm pro abortion rights, but in these days there are sooooooo many options to avoid getting pregnant), away with STD's (We wish).
    Evolution gave us a brain that came with a conscience. I'd say we use it more often.

PS> I have no idea who this Lima chick is, but if she's truly still a virgin at 23, kudos to her.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I don't think that her choosing to remain a virgin would really have to be a religion thing, maybe she just feels strongly that when she gives herself to someone, she wants it to be the man she will be with for the rest of her life. Guys, stranger things have happened!
    BTW this is in reference to the virgin/nudeness....
    Can't say if I believe one way or another nor do I really care one way or another....
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

If she is a virgin, then that's great. If she's not, that's great. I guess my point is why is this an issue? I don't like it when celebrities feel the need to proclaim their virginity and innocence to the world. I mean really at the end of the day who cares. Not like she's the only twenty-something virgin.
    Never trust a big butt and a smile...

Elite Member

I'm 22 and a virgin. Partly because all the guys I meet are nimrods who really dont deserve my time, let along my body. Partly because I watched friends get so messed up because they were so into losing it and then going out and getting it all the time. A small part is because, yeah, I'm shy. lol.

I dont see why it isnt believeabe. I think its kind of a nice thing to put out there, that there is a difference between being comfortable with your body/having a strong sexual side, and screwing everything that walks. *shrug*

sure......

Quote Originally Posted by Lani
    I'm 22 and a virgin. Partly because all the guys I meet are nimrods who really dont deserve my time, let along my body. Partly because I watched friends get so messed up because they were so into losing it and then going out and getting it all the time. A small part is because, yeah, I'm shy. lol.

I dont see why it isnt believeabe. I think its kind of a nice thing to put out there, that there is a difference between being comfortable with your body/having a strong sexual side, and screwing everything that walks. *shrug*
    Good for you.

***** celeb

Uh...good for her. She's got major self-discipline.
    Last edited by CherryDarling; March 15th, 2006 at 09:01 PM.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Thats great for her. I love Adriana.

I believe her.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

i kinda believe her too. isn't she the one that was going to become a nun until she got tapped to be a model?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL
    Good for you.
    I'll take that, lol. Its better then the odd looks I get when people suddenly realise. Its really a shame that being a virgin after highschool is seen so badly. I get looked at as if being asked 'Is there something wrong with you?'

Quote Originally Posted by Lani
    I'll take that, lol. Its better then the odd looks I get when people suddenly realise. Its really a shame that being a virgin after highschool is seen so badly. I get looked at as if being asked 'Is there something wrong with you?'
    That's what I meant when I said that morals have shifted so much that virtues, like virginity, are looked upon as something to mock, instead of to applaud and cherish. Idiots! Many people also try to make people like you feel like they're the only ones on the planet who still have that particular virtue (whatever it may be), while - in this case - there really are more people who have not slid down the moral slide, and you're one of them. Treasure it and don't give it up unless you're fully - emotionally and physically - behind it. Everybody's biological clock/urges/development has it's own time.

***** celeb

I'm impressed. How old is she?

Elite Member

Adriana is 24, or 25?

and I agree oliva, completely. People took the sexual revolution as 'we all much be having sex now' rather then 'now we have the right to choose when, where and who with'. I also think alot of teenagers dont listen to themselves and are made to believe that its perfectly natural for every 16 year old to be sexually active. Peer pressure, Media pressure, all do wacky things to kids brains that for sure. How many times has a 16 year old said they didnt really want to do it but they thought they had to? its crazy.

So whether or not Adriana is a virgin or not, and like I said, I tend to believe her. Its a good message to send out there. When Britney did it it was purely for the lolita stakes in her career. Adriana is a grown woman saying, this is how I live my life, everyone else can just deal with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information