Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victoria Beckham a fashion liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerissa View Post
    I'm starting to feel sorry for her. But she is a grown up woman, she should start to use her head...

She isn't very clever, is she?
    Didn't she admit she doesn't read....

I can't decide if I feel sorry for her - I'm still wondering why she is so in the public eye in the first place.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I think she's in the public eye because she married a fine-ass, hot piece of eye candy and beloved football player, David Beckham. And because she starves herself to silly proportions, I guess. And that horrible fake tan, the extensions-wearing, label-whoring, horrible breast implants...should I go on? She's famous for being a mess. A rich mess, but a mess nonetheless.

I kind of feel sorry for her because I think her life must be very empty if she invests all this time in fake tans, boob jobs, and extensions--though I like her new haircut. She doesn't seem to have her own identity.

I don't think Victoria wants to be a chav. She IS a chav.

Elite Member

SHe has money and can buy w/e the hell she wants. So, she's mentally messed up. So? She can't wear a designer dress? Leave her be.

Quote Originally Posted by thrpschr View Post
    I do feel sorry for her, because she doesn't get it. She wants to, but she doesn't. She's probably heartbroken over not getting the freebies anymore - because she knows what it means, and she's so obviously desperate to be thought of as fashion-forward, as a trendsetter, not a trendkiller. She tries too hard, she cares too much, she adds nothing of her own and it shows. All her outfits are put together and thought out to impress others, not to please herself, and it shows.
    I think the best example was the comparison with Kate Moss - Kate looks great because she wears the clothes and is confident enough to wear whatever the hell she wants... and it instantly becomes cool.

Posh doesn't wear the clothes, the clothes wear her, and she always looks so ostentatious because she's not confident at all in her looks.

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Okay, so I'm probably the only one left in the world who actually really likes her. I don't even know why. I just like her.

1. Kate Moss was never, and will never be anywhere close to being a fashion icon. She's a model, and then when you see her out and about, she looks like something the cat dragged in.
    2. Sienna Miller is stupid. Seriously, Jude Law? Silly bitch.
    3. A lot of celebrities flaunt logos. They can afford to. Bitter people, like the writer, who can't afford all that like to write articles blasting these people.
    4. Victoria is much better than some of the celebrities out there, fashion and all.
    5. Yes, she's got an eating disorder. Eh, who doesn't?
    6. She's married to David Beckham and has somehow managed to give birth to his children. This means she may have had sex with him. I love anyone who's in a two mile radius from that man.

Honey, I'm morbidly obsessed with her too.... but that doesn't mean that I disagree with this author! She is a fashion victim, she's *always* seen in the latest fashion, regardless of whether it looks good or not.

ACtually, Marie Claire (the Aus edition) has a story this month with bits out of new book written by an anonymous fashion industry insider (which could mean that it's either a) total bullshit or b) highly explosive and this person doesn't want to lose their job.) One comment that I noticed was that Tom Ford (I think - haven't got the mag with me to check) once rang up the PR department of a major label and screamed at them to "GET THAT WOMAN OUT OF OUR CLOTHES!"

The flustered PR then had to tell him that they weren't giving them to her, she was buying them! "How the hell can we stop her??"

There seems to be a lot of press coming out at the moment which confirms that no fashion designer in the world actually really wants Posh in their clothes. She can kill a trend instantly - for major high-fashion trendsters. The MC article was pointing out that just because a lot of people (i.e. chavs and the like!) start wearing a particular fashion trend, doesn't mean that it's still trendy (if you get what I mean... bit brain dead after triple law lecture!)

Designers are concerned, so this argument goes, with WHO wears their look, not HOW MANY wear it. So if lots of glamourous types are wearing it (Kate Moss, Sienna Miller, Gwyneth Paltrow, Liz Hurley, SJP, (banned) etc were listed as being some of the only 10 women in the world who can actually sell a look) that's good. But when copy-cat designs are being sold in high street shops so the ordinary people can play along and every rich chav worth their salt (think most of the English WAGs - Alex Curran, Colleen McLoughlin especially) hop onboard the latest trend, it becomes a high-fashion liability.

Make sense? It's the difference between the high fashion industry wanting to set trends, and the commercial fashion industry wanting to sell clothes. These two aspects of the one industry don't always have the same goals or are singing from the same hymn sheet.

"I last saw her in person at the couture shows in Paris earlier this year and although on paper she should have looked chic and elegant - head to toe in black fitted Dolce & Gabbana, with black pointy shoes - she was merely ridiculous, with that fake hair, fake tan, overglossed lips and oversized sunglasses"

They missed a couple of rather obvious oversized things on VB IMO.
    An EM is like a Scientologist - Unhinged and Unbelievable - Now shutup and place your hands on my EM-Meter

Bronze Member

I think this article sounds preemptively vindictive. She has some fashion book coming out soon...she may not have a strong style and I don't like brand whores, which she does tend to be-but.....She is rich, she was in a wildly awful yet popular "band" and her hubbie is sensational and her kids are adorable and her R&R jeans were a success. Maybe the pouty I am too cool for school is her schtick, a celebrity prerequisite.
    I presume she wears D&G bc it suits her figure.
    The article was too bitter, malicious and perfectly timed to let any of its possible points stick and seem relevant.
    "I'm just not ready to be photographed with you"
    ~Supposedly Fabian Basabe~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information