Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 237

Thread: Tim Hardaway: I hate gay people

  1. #181
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    AS i said before,arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics.Even if you win,you re still retarded.
    but you have a ...medal..so nice..so shiny..me like shiny things. they pretty.

  2. #182
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    15,903

    Default

    Me gine you one,just choose the colour!!!!!!!1

  3. #183
    Hit By Ban Bus! WickedHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NYC, baby!
    Posts
    9,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonlady View Post
    Okay, I realize my opinion on this matter is vastly different from how most people view it, but may I ask why it's borderline stupid?
    It's borderline stupid to believe you can use mind over matter to change your sexual preference. Gays are gay because they are gay. Period. I've said facetiously that gays choose to be gay, but that's simply because they have no choice. They're gay. They can't choose to be anything but gay. Just because some closeted or in-denial homosexual chooses to lead a hetero life doesn't mean he/she ain't gay. It just means they've chosen to lead a hetero life. And that's just wrong. And sad. Very, very sad.

    Quote Originally Posted by dragonlady View Post
    Okay, I wasn't sure so I figured I'd at least ask. I can definitely assure you that I'm not bored and just trying to make things up. I have plenty of ways to better entertain myself than to make things up just to get a rise out of people. I honestly believe all that I've said.
    I'll admit I haven't read all your posts. And the more I learn about you, you're quite fascinating.

  4. #184
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Me gine you one,just choose the colour!!!!!!!1


    not..care...shiney..pretty shiny me want. shiney.

  5. #185
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    15,903

    Default

    Will one of Britney,s latest necklace collection do?
    Shiney enough for ya?

  6. #186
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    It's borderline stupid to believe you can use mind over matter to change your sexual preference. Gays are gay because they are gay. Period. I've said facetiously that gays choose to be gay, but that's simply because they have no choice. They're gay. They can't choose to be anything but gay. Just because some closeted or in-denial homosexual chooses to lead a hetero life doesn't mean he/she ain't gay. It just means they've chosen to lead a hetero life. And that's just wrong. And sad. Very, very sad.
    Wicked, Grim raised a point about pheromones and chemical reactions to them. I know you said you hadn't read all the posts, so if it's okay, I'll just copy my response to his point, since I think it addresses what you're saying here.

    Here we go:
    Grim, I see your point here, and maybe I should have made a distinction between having physiological responses and how you act on them. I'm speaking of the act of sexuality, not the chemical part.

    To me, whether or not it is possible to use your brain and change chemical responses and purely physical occurences is debateable. I say that because I know that there's often a placebo effect on sick people who psychologically believe that a sugar pill cures a migraine or something else physical, and it actually works, but if you tell them "hey it was just sugar," they get sick again. Likewise, a lot of hospitals and health care facilities have programs where they bring in dogs or other cute animals to help with recovery. The reason being that mentally being in a better state often helps people recover from physical maladies, depending on the severity. I wouldn't be surprised if the mind can change chemical responses, but I understand that as of yet, there's no hard evidence of it.

    I think of this issue more like people who get addicted to a substance. An alcoholic may always have some sort of adverse chemical reaction to alcohol, so it's never really gone. But many people can overcome these things and live a happy life, and choose to take actions to support their goal in this sense. I think the same thing can be done with sexuality; it may still lurk, but you can choose to take actions to overcome it and live a happy life, to an extent. Whether anyone wants to or not is entirely their choice, and I won't force any course of action on anyone. Hell, I don't know what my chemical reaction is to "attractive" guys or girls, but as far as I'm cocerned, I've successfully overcome any hold that those reactions have on me. They may still be there but I can totally ignore them.
    ETA: I'd also like to emphasize that I'm not trying to say that homosexuality or any orientation is a sickness or that you can't be homosexual and live a happy life. I was just using the examples I was able to come up with at the time. It's sort of the same way that hypnosis can activate/deactivate hormones and growth.


    I'll admit I haven't read all your posts. And the more I learn about you, you're quite fascinating.
    Thanks I think that's the nicest way anyone has described me before. By fascinating, am I to understand that you mean "fucking nuts?" lol

  7. #187
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    15,903

    Default

    All i have to say is,i ve been asexual for the 3 past years by choice,and God it is getting to me.........

  8. #188
    Elite Member moomies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough
    Posts
    15,515

    Default

    Dragonlady, I think you've been very patient with explaining your perspective and responding to everyone. I didn't mean to offend or anything with my question. But like Wicked said, your position on sexuality is very different and is fascinating. I think you've handled all this well.

    And let's just all ignore the fighting and whiners.

    If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

  9. #189
    Elite Member Sojiita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Duh-hio
    Posts
    22,809

    Default

    Well I was going to say I wanted as my shiny thing Tim Hardaway's heart on a plate..but then I realized that old saying is true..you can't polish a turd so no shine so no heart from Tim Hardaway.

  10. #190
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    All i have to say is,i ve been asexual for the 3 past years by choice,and God it is getting to me.........
    Are you sure you're not celibate instead? Asexual usually implies that you have no urges. But anyway, good on you for being able to stick to something that difficult for 3 years.

  11. #191
    Hit By Ban Bus! ediebrooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In another dimension, untouched by time
    Posts
    6,830

    Default

    Moomies, you're back! Yay!
    Last edited by ediebrooks; February 17th, 2007 at 06:20 PM.

  12. #192
    Elite Member mistify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the twilight zone.
    Posts
    4,558

    Default

    I just had a baby and I feel asexual....
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

  13. #193
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Dragonlady, I think you've been very patient with explaining your perspective and responding to everyone. I didn't mean to offend or anything with my question. But like Wicked said, your position on sexuality is very different and is fascinating. I think you've handled all this well.

    And let's just all ignore the fighting and whiners.
    Thank you. I've really been trying my best not to offend anyone or anything, but I knew coming in that it would be hard for most people to really relate to what I'm saying. Not that you guys don't have the capacity for it, as I think you guys raised some good counterpoints and caused me to do some thinking, but I know it's just very different.

    And your question didn't offend me at all. I can see how that point may have seemed contradictory.

  14. #194
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistify View Post
    I just had a baby and I feel asexual....
    Awww, congratulations! On the baby part, I mean.

  15. #195
    Elite Member effie2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Where it all begun
    Posts
    15,903

    Default

    Well,you see,you are 2 years older than my youngest child,at my age it is not too hard to be pure as snow.Urges are not what they used to be,its more about company and sharing now.
    I keep an eye around lately though.lol
    Honestly,yours is a different way of doing stuff.
    I ve seen a lot of shit in my looooooooong life,so i wouldnt be surprised if in 10 years down the line you would be the happy momma of two...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2006, 05:42 AM
  2. don't hate me cause I'm mean..
    By heather.rn in forum New Members
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 6th, 2006, 11:50 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 17th, 2006, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •